IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking ticket from excel parking services limited

Hi
Today I received a parking ticket off a company called excel parking services limited.
I was parked in a retail park in Stockport Manchester for approx 20minutes whilst i ran into a shop. It was the first time I had been to the retail park and I did not relaise that there was a pay and display system in place in the car park. There were No sign to tell you this when you drove into the car park and no visable signs around the area I was parked in. I only relaised it was a pay and display car park when I came out of the shop and seen the ticket on my car .I looked around to see where the signs and machines where to tell you this, and there was only 2 small signs high up and a post telling you and one machine that was on the otherside of the car park . The writing on the signs was that small that you could only read it if you where stood underneath it.
The penalty charge that they have applied is £60 if you pay before 14 days then £100 if you don't.
I know that I am in fault for parking there without a ticket but I thought that they had to clearly sign the car park telling you that it is a pay and display. :confused:
Any adivse or information welcome please
Many Thanks

Comments

• Excel can be safely ignored. Its a scam. Have a good read on here about private parking companies and relax. If you are scared by the threatening letters you will receive then post back here for reassurance.
  • Excel got a bloody nose in court recently. They will not be daft enough to try and enforce their nasty little scam again. Ignore the threats, they will not carry them through.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Thank you
    Should I just ignore them or send them a appeal letter???
  • Ignore them or they will think that they are starting to scare you. Why waste a stamp on this pondlife?
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,354 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    kelly_2009 wrote: »
    Thank you
    Should I just ignore them or send them a appeal letter???

If you did appeal they'd refuse it (PPCs always do, it would be like asking any 'business' to let you off paying them some money...not going to happen is it?!). Save your stamps for your Chrimbo cards. :D

Ignore all their threatening letters, be especially ready for the different letter-headings (Solicitor, Debt Collections, etc). Ignore them too! All the time you ignore the whole thing the PPC doesn't know if their letters are even reaching a person, and in the end they'll forget you and move on to victims new.

Many of us speak from experience of this scam, we haven't paid either. And nothing bad has happened, of course.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Alx*27
    Alx*27 Posts: 128 Forumite
    Ignore.

There is no appeals process. You will just get a templated 'appeal rejected' letter back.
  • Thank you for your help.
    I will just ignore the ticket and see what happens.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,354 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thank you for your help.
    I will just ignore the ticket and see what happens.

Good, it will happen just as we said above.

If you are not the registered keeper yourself, then do show the rk this thread so they know the official-looking letters that arrive in the coming months are trash, and are not regarding a real debt.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I am the registered keeper will they just send letters or do they have the right to send someone to the door to try to collect the debit . Just so I know what to expect to happen from them.
    Thanks
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I am the registered keeper will they just send letters or do they have the right to send someone to the door to try to collect the debit . Just so I know what to expect to happen from them.
    Thanks

They have no more right than you or I to go to somebody's house and demand money from them - they are just private citizens, not bailiffs. If they do turn up (very unlikely), then tell politely ask them to vacate your property, or you will call the police.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure