Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yopdel offers 24/48/72 hour deliveries, so it depends on what was paid for.

That's a fair point - and we don't know which it was.
  • Update re: the complaint I emailed to Yodel on 12th Nov.
    On 16 Nov, I received an email from April Partington, Customer Relations Advisor (April.Partington@vertex.co.uk). She requested my telephone number so that she could call me to discuss my complaint.
    I responded that evening with a number where she could reach me on 17 or 18 Nov. However I have not received a call yet....Will update this thread again when/if I do!
    I did successfully receive another Yodel delivery (through the same depot, but to a different address) on 15 Nov - next day service, as requested and paid for by the shipper.
  • Yodel is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Before you order, always check with the company who their courier is and don't buy from them if it's yodel.
    Yodel has absolutely no customer service whatsoever and they're liars.
  • Doc_N
    dkb1 wrote: »
    Yodel is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Before you order, always check with the company who their courier is and don't buy from them if it's yodel.
    Yodel has absolutely no customer service whatsoever and they're liars.

I agree with every word you say. :cool:
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Based on my experience, they charge my supplier - their client - for next day delivery and then don't even set foot in my street for a week. But lie 4 days in a row, saying they attempted to deliver when I was out and had to leave a card (no cards left until a week later, and 2 of the 4 days I'd been in all day, and the one time they left a card was AFTER I'd had enough and told them to shove the parcel back to the sender).

Charge for next day, attempt 6 days later. That is FRAUD.
  • This is the third time in so many weeks I've heard someone say how bad Yodel is. I've had bad service from the Royal Mail before but to be honest I think that seems to be expected now, especially around Christmas time. Last Christmas I had presents which didn't arrive with the Royal Mail and I currently have 2 "lost" items as well. I've send a few parcels with ParcelsPlease and they were surprisingly good - they use the best ones like DPD, UPS and DHL and I had no problems. It also means that you can contact them if you have an issue and you don't have to contact the courier direct and deal with the stories! I've got parcels to send to my aunt down south.. guess who I won't be using now?
  • Fedup with Yodel, just a bunch of liars that couldn't care about anyones delivery. 3 parcels should have been delivered Thursday - never came - then booked for Friday - never came - booked for Monday - again never came!! The only way to contact them is via an expensive premium rate phone number, they won't call back despite promises to. Now they say that the parcels are all lost and they can't track them. Passed all info onto Amazon.com who are now looking into them. They are pirates, they just hold onto your packages to get money from the phone lines. Customer services reps are rude and very unhelpful - they will not keep afloat for much longer (She hopes)

BBC Watch dog please look into them AGAIN !
  • Bonn1e wrote: »
    Fedup with Yodel, just a bunch of liars that couldn't care about anyones delivery. 3 parcels should have been delivered Thursday - never came - then booked for Friday - never came - booked for Monday - again never came!!

Similar problems here (but only one parcel) - unfortunately iherb started using them instead of Royal Mail for a short while but have now switched back to Royal Mail (I wonder if that was because of complaints they got about Yodel??)
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    So what can we do ....?
  • Doc_N
    gwapenut wrote: »
    So what can we do ....?

Two simple things:

1 Contact BBC Watchdog and BBC Radio 4's daily consumer programme, You and Yours at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/you-and-yours/contact-us/

2 Let the company you bought the goods from know of the problems with Yodel. Tell them if they can't guarantee that future orders will be sent by a different carrier you won't use them again. That worked for me with one company, which has now altered my account profile to ensure that Yodel aren't used again.

Frequently, the company will also offer you a goodwill payment to compensate for the bad service Yodel have provided, so it's well worth complaining. It also has the added benefit that if Yodel haven't delivered the level of 'service' that they contracted to deliver (which they frequently don't) it will affect the money paid to Yodel under the contract. It also makes it less likely that Yodel will get a repeat contract. Companies like cheap delivery contracts - but they certainly don't want contracts with companies like Yodel that end up losing them customers.

Complain, complain, complain - it's the only way to force Yodel to get their act together.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure