Garden turf - 20p @ B&Q

Just been to B&Q in Bridgwater (Somerset) where I found 4 pallets of garden turf which is reduced to 20p per roll today only.

Some is a little yellow but I reckon with a good watering should probably survive.
None the less reckon I've just got enough turf for the whole garden for £3, a massive saving from the £37.50 normal price!

No idea if other B&Q's are doing the same but typically what one clears out the others do the same.

Comments

• MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nice, will need some when we get into our new house and obbliterate the garden, shame we haven't got a moving in date yet. Bet the offer will finish by the time we move in!!!

M
  • GSM_2
    GSM_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Nice one - Just hope you dont have a hose pipe ban where you are - watering a new lawn by hand would not be fun !
  • GSM wrote:
    Nice one - Just hope you dont have a hose pipe ban where you are - watering a new lawn by hand would not be fun !
    I live in Devon, no hose pipe ban here.
    We have lots of coastline, green countryside and low population density, lots of water and low demand. Unlike the Southeast which has little open space (to gather rain water) and high population, meaning not much water and high demand. :D (I used to live in South East so enjoy it's shortfalls now!)

MORPH3US
    Also offer is a TODAY ONLY thing, so yes would be over by the time you move house.
  • Searcher2
    Searcher2 Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    IMO laying bad turf is a false economy. I work at a garden centre and we sell Rolawn turf which is MUCH better than the stuff they sell at B&Q (even when it is alive). My neighbour used cheap turf and now has to try and get the weeds out of it... and it is very patchy. You only really get once chance at creating a lawn once... if you want a decent lawn either seed it or lay decent turf. If buying turf find out when it comes in to your supplier, get it that day and lay it the same day... as turf quickly deteriorates (after 24 hours - moreso in hot weather).
  • HankMcSpank
    HankMcSpank Posts: 951 Forumite
    Bought some of the B&Q turf in May (was astonished at how little it cost even then), it's bedded in really well & puts the original lawn I was extending to shame from a 'healthy look' perspective.
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    MORPH3US
    Also offer is a TODAY ONLY thing, so yes would be over by the time you move house.

it's probably today only as the turf will be even worse tomorrow so 10p a strip. Most B&Q's do the offer when they can, all they are doing is shipping the turf they have left over before they have to chuck it. You just need to find the good days when there is lots left over and getting close to 'dead'
  • HankMcSpank
    HankMcSpank Posts: 951 Forumite
    My local B&Q has new turf delivered on Friday...so if yours is the same, it's probably just trying to clear out the last few yellow bits today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure