PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Comments

• funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi all I'm still not in bed, I will regret this in the morning!

Anyways I'm in for the week thanks to Valli and Natty for the lists as always it's much appreciated xxx

No dancing this week so I've no excuses for not doing something when I get in from work. Gymnastics is on still but it's through the day so one of the boys will do drop off/pick up for me.

Im looking for ideas for cheap/cheerful/quick to make packed lunches that are anything apart from sandwiches or rolls, I'm sick to the back teeth of eating the same thing at work, can any of you help?

Right off to bed or I'll be more crabbit than usual in the morning:whistle::whistle:
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm in. Another one who would hate to see the threads disappear. I'm pretty intermittent as so often life consists of lots of busy-ness that couldn't really be described as flying in the house, so I get guilty as I know it isn't a social club primarily so I shouldn't just post my drivel.
    Have a period of change now Mr N is retired and we settle into new routines - or maybe that won't happen till I'm back at uni in Sept/Oct.

Lots of weeding today.
    Paid cc bill.
    Finished on-line course.
    Picked a load of french beans to freeze.
    On refreshment and reading duty at church.
    Wrote list of "stuff" to do e.g. tax return, CPD log.
    Tomorrow will start the list, go to clubbercise, have a private student lesson, more weeding plus Mr N and I need to sit down with all our house deeds as the council who did a compulsory purchase on a strip of land at the front of our house in 1965 (before we were there) now want to buy it back. And charge us legal fees.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    Im looking for ideas for cheap/cheerful/quick to make packed lunches that are anything apart from sandwiches or rolls, I'm sick to the back teeth of eating the same thing at work, can any of you help?

I sometimes just assemble a salad in a small tupperware box.
    Wraps?
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks to Valli for the thread and dancemum for the wake-up call. Very timely, as the house has started to slip back again after Easter. Busy week this week and I won't be in tomorrow until just before 7pm, but I'll see what I can do.

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level 1
    Clear sills and wipe
    Clean Windows
    Wipe tables and chairs - don't forget underneath where sticky fingers linger
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Level 2
    Empty bin
    Clear sides and wipe down
    Wipe kettle and other small appliances
    Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray
    Check fridge and fruit bowl for anything that needs using or flinging.
    Level 3
    Wipe down cupboard fronts
    Sweep and mop floor
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

You could have a look at ideas for all sorts of fancy salads (and soups and other things) on moneysavingexpert.com.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I'll be in. Didn't intend to be up posting this late. My 19 year old cat went out about 10 pm for "five minutes before bed" and has just strolled back in. We've been going round the street looking for her, peering under bushes and cars with a torch. No point calling her because she's deaf. She's got dementia too so she gets us up every hour or so every night.

It's like having a teenager again, strolled back in as though nothing was wrong and she hadn't been missing for over 3 hours!

I'll be like a zombie in the morning.
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 July 2017 at 7:38AM
    Thank you Valli for this weeks list.

I've been working on the spare room for a while to get it sorted. Can see the spare bed now.

Laid up a bit last year with a broken knee. Had just walked out of the hospital so wasn't far to go back.

Nothing planned today so can have a go at the list.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    Morning everyone :wave: lovely to see so many flyladies!

Very excited - first day decorating. Need to get some supplies from Screwfix after dropping Tiny off, so might get to start sometime around 10am, if I get a move on.

Kitchen is actually not too bad, so gentle flying later, it seems.

I have to ask...Boddy...how on earth did you break your knee walking out from the hospital?

Are you awake yet Pollybear? Cats sure do like to worry owners. Glad the old girl is OK :)

Laters peeps x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning. Guess who overslept, so in a mad rush this morning :eek:. And obviously last night I thought that leaving making lunches until the morning was a good idea. DH has yesterday's leftovers to reheat as he is on hospital visiting duties later, and I have salad. Again.

It's a full on day at work today, but planning on ticking off bits of the list later, as the kitchen is looking sorry for itself.

Just going to throw down some breakfast, then freezer dive for something for dinner for me and DD, maybe a S&S of the bathrooms at the same time. Ambitious, me??!

Have lovely days, and fingers crossed Froddington that you get the answer that you want from work. Glad the your cat made it home ok Pollybear.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Meant to say yesterday - well done Lame Wolf on curing MrLW's bad back. I notice that I get far less backache since my foot op last year, resulting in a better balance and gait.

No more rain overnight and the decking looks good this morning. There are lighter patches where the pots have stood (from water stains) so I might get feet for the pots before I replace them, then overspill will dry up more quickly. I'm planning to get DH and DS2 to put up the big umbrella tomorrow - could have done with it last week, but in retrospect I probably wouldn't have thought of restoring the decking if I'd had to take it down again!

Right, I have already thrown open the windows to get rid of the heady smell of decking oil and made up DH's lunch box. Need to get this bedroom sorted for the two boys - it's a tip! And of course I'm going to have to move out my computer out, as DGS4 (aged 2) showed great interest in it on his last visit :eek:

Hope you get good news today, Froddy.
    Enjoy your decorating, Dizzy :)

Hope everyone has a good day. (((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure