PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ooo-err page 2! :D

I'm here as per. Need to pop out soon then will crack on with things !

Lovely to "see" you all x
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    FFP.. OH takes chicken and bacon with a bunch of slightly roasted veg.. pepper, onion, celery, carrot and anything else I can find. With a few olives and sun-dried tomatoes and I fill the tub with cooked pasta... he slops on some dressing.. usually honey and mustard and that is his lunch. If we have any extra cooked bits of meat he will put that in too, meatballs, burgers, sausages, anything!! Or boiled eggs. He has taken a salad with boiled eggs and chicken too but that took too long to eat and wasn't filling enough.. he usually has a couple of packs of crisps and 2 cereal bars too.. and gets home ravenous!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • WeeMidgie
    WeeMidgie Posts: 469 Forumite
    Good morning, new flyer here! So far this morning I've

Cleaned out the fridge
    Put all bins out (it's bin day here)
    Washed kitchen bin & put in fresh liner
    Washed sills, window frames and French door frames
    Scrubbed and wiped kitchen cupboard doors
    Scrubbed and wiped extractor hood mesh panels & wiped stainless steel hood
    Found the sink u bend which has 3 joints/connectors is leaking:eek:
    Emptied and cleaned under sink cupboard - not too bad as it has been kondo'd
    Plastic box is in place under u bend until I can organise a handyman (I tried tightening the leaking joint but I'm not strong enough :o)

Decided that's it for today! Rain is threatening, so I'll be knitting this afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of today!
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Washing dry and put away, but it's looking a bit gloomy now. Definitely cooler than it has been.

Not planning much more today, got to babysit DGD4 for an hour tonight but hopefully she'll sleep through that ;)
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi again...always lurk but not posted for an age

Only 5 of us at home now,,,DD1 and BabyD..who is 8 on wed have moved to a new home..BabyD ahs a new baby sister Darcy who is 5 months and a stepdaddy.
    DD2 lives with her boyfriend and is 27 weeks pregnant with a grandson !!!
    So just me OH and 3 boys at home..2 mad dogs 2 aging cats and a mad 2 year old cat

Youngest son gone on a residential trip this morning till Wednesday ,,it will be so quiet...or so I thought till BabyD asked to stay over lol ...
    All kitchen done this mornning just a couple of things to cross off lists..

MUST DO THE IRONING,,,,there.Ive said t so have to do it now
    Will update again later xx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    I hope the decorating goes smoothly Dizzy.
    (((Hugs))) ATB.
    A dog Ionafan! How exciting - pics please! It will be a very lucky one to be with you and your OH because both of you are so conscientious and kind.
    FFP Hummus with carrot sticks for dipping and crisps, pasta salad as Piggers suggested, cold soup like gazpatcho or cucumber, mint and yoghurt for hot, hot days (bung a few ice cubes in a flask with it chilled from the fridge). If not going for something with cheese I tend to see what protein I've got in the freezer (chipolatas, ham, salmon) and then construct something filling around that using whatever carbohydrate I've got lying around - spuds, couscous, pasta, with masses of veg to make it truly healthy even if it's only tomatoes. Other than that, if you find yourself falling back on sandwiches and rolls again, see if you can source some unusual breads which would make it more interesting.

Five baby seagulls have ended up in the garden, two from downy balls of fluff stage, all of which are all now getting close to being able to fly. Two parents are still around but they need a bit of care while we're being divebombed by the protective parent. They're interesting to watch though.

I do use the lists when I can make the time to concentrate on the house but the past four months have been absolutely manic. Things aren't too out of control but if I look closely at anything I can see chaos. I love the MAD idea but I'm short of the 30 minutes a day at the moment, although I am managing to keep up to date with the washing and the vacuumming. Unusual for me, too.
    Better is good enough.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Busy but lovely day so far.

- Two hours paid stuff
    - Trip to Argoooos and M&S
    - Bedding washed and dried
    - Lunch eaten
    - Vacuumed upstairs
    - Done two hours admin work for DH business

Before the school run I must re-make DD bed and empty DW xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone.

Day off today. I have washed all the outside downstairs windows as my window cleaner has not been seen in 2 months. Good use of yesterdays newspaper! 3 x washing done. And 15 mins of ironing.

I have visited a good friend who is a week post surgery. I then had to take DS3 to the orthodontist.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Pollybear wrote: »
    I tend to think I have nothing to say but I enjoy hearing about everyone else's daily lives so I should stop being paranoid.
    I'm like that - I just can't think why anyone should be interested in the minutiae of my boring life! :D

Making myself take 5 mins time out today; I'm still rushing around like the proverbial headless chicken.

Fortunately for me, as I hadn't looked at the list til just now, I did a blitz on the kitchen today (needed it after the jam-making at the weekend); I've even managed to remove the rather awful tannin deposits from the teapot. :T

I do need to sit down to some serious card designing and making soon; I have two birthdays in August to deal with - one card is done, the other is still a WIP. And if I don't get a handle on the Yule cards soon, we shan't be sending any!! :D It's turning out to be a lot harder with Mr LW permanently underfoot - bless him, he means well, but he doesn't seem to "get" that I need a couple of hours uninterrupted peace and quiet in order to work on things like cards, and I can't just drop everything every time he finds an "interesting" bit of trivia on t'internet. If he's not doing that, he's hovering around me like a lost puppydog, wanting to "help" - and unfortunately I work better alone, and I can't cope with having an audience while I'm trying to concentrate. I usually end up telling him to go and dust something - in another room. :D

I'm to the point now where I wish he'd take up some sort of a hobby that would get him out of the house for a bit. :cool: Anyone else with retired DH's have this problem?

It'd be a lot better, too, if we had a room I could allocate as a work room, and just leave everything set up ready to continue from where I left off, as it takes a long time to set up everything and pack it all away again afterwards.

Sorry, I've mithered on for a bit too long there - making up for lost time, I guess. :rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    Henry is dead... *cry* ... I've only had him 15 years.. seeing if I can source parts to restore his youthful suckyness... Carpets suffering...

Twinkle learned stairs... my back is killing from the 2,000,000,000,000 times I have rescued her today.. she has also dropped the metalplaypen on her head so has her first forehead egg!

Squeak at hockey..

ooh... need to ring chemist..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing