2 month old bank account, suspicious transaction already.....

2»

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    This does not sound like a fraud - if it was I would have expected to see one of two nominal transactions to prove the card then a flurry of big spends.

OP - what does the detail of the transaction actually say ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Robin9 wrote: »
    This does not sound like a fraud - if it was I would have expected to see one of two nominal transactions to prove the card then a flurry of big spends.
    It's a fraud. The OP hasn't authorised that transaction and somebody else has.
  • smeeinnit
    smeeinnit Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's a fraud. The OP hasn't authorised that transaction and somebody else has.
    Robin9 wrote: »

OP - what does the detail of the transaction actually say ?

Its definitely fraud, I didn't buy anything from Asda. I may have been lucky and spotted it in time before there was a flurry of purchases. All the transaction says is Asda Home Delivery.

Just seems very strange that this has happened on such a new account with not much use. I do regularly use Malware Bytes to clean my PC. I did pick up a threat a few weeks ago but of course cannot be 100% sure this is the cause.
    Let's get ready to bumble! :rotfl:
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Asda home deliver should be simple for someone to investigate. Unless the beans arrived and they immediately moved home!
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,669 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Any progress smeeinnit?
    smeeinnit wrote: »
    Just seems very strange that this has happened on such a new account with not much use. I do regularly use Malware Bytes to clean my PC. I did pick up a threat a few weeks ago but of course cannot be 100% sure this is the cause.

The timing there is interesting. Could the malicious software have been present when you typed in your new account's card details on the PC? The malwarebyte log might tell you what the threat was.
  • Sheep
    Sheep Posts: 219 Forumite
    Flurry of big spending does not happen. As soon as it does this then flags up and your card will not work until you call the bank. They then send you out a new card and the fraudster is back to squar one.

Anything that is out of character will cause a block on the account.
  • smeeinnit
    smeeinnit Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 August 2017 at 8:57PM
    Hi all

I did get to the bottom of this, it seems the supplier of flowers to Debenhams whom I bought a bouquet online from, were hacked, Debenhams did write and tell me but I had already found out via the web anyway.

Nonetheless I am glad the source was found, set my mind at rest.

Thanks for everyone's help and comments and sorry for the late reply x
    Let's get ready to bumble! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family