Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• plunt
    plunt Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    And paying in £500 per month into Gold current account and then transferring £250 to each regular saver ensures you meet the conditions of the gold account and also your money is working hard for you!!!

personally I pay it into my gold reg saver direct from my lloyds account. Only issue i find with N&P is that their transfers are slow (both in and out) takes roughly 4 hours at times. And no faster payments in the evening (but then done first thing in the morning the next day)

Customer service is epic though!
  • Yes their customer service department informed me that the cut off time for accepting payments is 3:30pm
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • plunt wrote: »
    personally I pay it into my gold reg saver direct from my lloyds account. Only issue i find with N&P is that their transfers are slow (both in and out) takes roughly 4 hours at times. And no faster payments in the evening (but then done first thing in the morning the next day)

Customer service is epic though!

N&P aren't a "clearing bank" according to what they told me, so they only process transactions during the working day, Monday to Friday. That aside, I fully agree with your statement on customer service - they are fantastic!
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Advice please.
    I'd started 4% Reg Saver at HSBC May 2013 and set up SO from HSBC current account.I started a Santander 123 account last month and used their switching service.The reg saver SO went over to Santander and I can see in my statement that Santander deposited the amount, which was sent back by HSBC.:eek:
    So I missed to pay a single penny in August.Does it mean that the saver is cancelled now?
    Does HSBC want the funding to be from HSBC account only?
    I just set up a new SO at HSBC , but don't know whether that's going to be useful now.:o
  • plunt
    plunt Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i believe it has to be from their hsbc account. I would call them and ask them to my an exception. (or get it in writing!)

but from my knowledge if you dont then you will find the account to now be pointless and interest will be void

Their website states:
    "Even if you don't save the maximum £250 every month, you can still save £3000 over the year. You can carry your savings allowance over into the following months."

So you may be in luck, and doesnt make any mention of any "lower rate" as most regular savers do.

Best bet give them a call to confirm. Good news is that you can make up the payment next month if in fact they havent killed your rate!
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanx plunt.
    MSE says "missed payments allowed"(in contrast to First Direct)
    However, I couldn't find that at HSBC website
  • DJBenson wrote: »

Looking at the accounts you've got I think you have made a mistake with your savings if you have the N&P gold regular saver is 5%
    not 4% and the e-regular saver 3%.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Special_Saver2
    post_old.gif

Thank you for all your effort to put the list of best RSA. I remember in the past you also have indicated whether multiple accounts are allowed or not.
    I just have a look, you have removed this information the list
    Is it because no more multiple RSA are allowed or any other reason ?

thanks
  • DJBenson wrote: »

Looking at the accounts you've got I think you have made a mistake with your savings if you have the N&P gold regular saver is 5%
    not 4% and the e-regular saver 3%.

I've not updated my signature for a while but my rates (as I got my accounts before a rate drop) are as follows;

e-regular saver 4%
    e-family regular saver 4%
    gold regular saver 5%
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DJBenson wrote: »

I've not updated my signature for a while but my rates (as I got my accounts before a rate drop) are as follows;

e-regular saver 4%
    e-family regular saver 4%
    gold regular saver 5%

What are the req's for the Family saver I haven't heard of that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure