Where do I stand?

Me, two friends, and one of their boyfriends booked a holiday together in October. we all agreed that we would be paying our own share, obviously the total cost split 4 ways. So my friend and her boyfriend have split up, he is now demanding all of his money back. There is still £175 of his quarter outstanding to pay. We cannot cancel just him without paying an extortionate cancellation fee (more than just paying the rest of his share £175). We had a plan to change the name but there will be a fee of £250 on top of the bf's quarter coming to almost £500, unless he pays the outstanding £175. This means it would cost him less than actually paying the cancellation fee, and we could get another friend to come instead (she would pay the cost to change the name)

Comments

• Gambler101
    Gambler101 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Well obviously he wont get any money back, and as his obviously not going to go you will have to swallow the cheapest option to save your own holiday. And then make sure you dont make the same mistake ever again lol

If your friend really is your friend, he will cover any extra charges you incur, but Im guessing he wont as most friends are fair weather ones lol
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    So boyfriend is demanding all his money back but has not paid in full anyway?

Obviously he is not going to get anything back but I don't suppose he will pay the remaining £175 either so you will either need to pay the cancellation fee or get your friend to take his place and they can pay to change the name and the additional £175 boyfriend has not yet paid.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure