PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Strapped wrote: »
    If you were being generous, you might suspect a composting toilet. Although I still suspect over the side.
    Having seen many of them, I know which I suspect most! (though there is another possibility, the good old Elsan / Porta Potti. ;)
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    buzzyzoe wrote: »
    The street view for this one definitely gave me a shock!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38705704.html

OMG! How on earth did the Google car get in there?!
  • Wellieboot
    Wellieboot Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Strapped wrote: »
    If you were being generous, you might suspect a composting toilet. Although I still suspect over the side.

I lived on a widebeam canal boat on the Kennet and Avon for a good few years. Continuous cruising, no cushy marina life for us :) We had a brilliant composting loo that we only had to empty (in the British Waterways elsan/sanitary stations) once every couple of months (and no, with wood ash added, it didn't smell!)

Most people without a built-in waste tank use porta potties and empty them far more often than we had to with ours (look out for boaters wheeling a heavy square package usually wrapped in a bin bag down the towpath - a common sight near the elsan points !)

I agree that there are possibly a few liveaboards who have questionable bathroom habits but much fewer than you would think. When you live that close to nature and the water, you don't want to foul it. At risk of starting an argument here, it's the fishermen who do (and admit to) most of the canalside fouling (am not a fisherman hating boater BTW, I reckon the waterways are there for everyone to enjoy)

Although don't get me started on bad dog owners not picking up their doggy c**p outside your front door, or just flicking it in and polluting the water :mad:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wellieboot wrote: »
    . At risk of starting an argument here, it's the fishermen who do (and admit to) most of the canalside fouling (am not a fisherman hating boater BTW, I reckon the waterways are there for everyone to enjoy)

I was a fisherman on the K&A before it was navigable for any distance from the Bath end. Once it was, I went somewhere else! (to fish, that is! :rotfl:)
  • Grylls
    Grylls Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Relatively new here, so unable to post a link, but seriously suggest searching on rightmove for postcode HU5 3HR. The property in Westbourne Ave is listed twice, try clicking on the second listing to see inside - trust me, it's well worth a look! I'm not sure where to start, with the description or the photos! I particularly like the mention of the previous owners being happy Buddhists - certainly the current owners aren't going to find any peace among all that stuff!

Sincerely hope someone who is able can post a link.
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Grylls wrote: »
    Relatively new here, so unable to post a link, but seriously suggest searching on rightmove for postcode HU5 3HR. The property in Westbourne Ave is listed twice, try clicking on the second listing to see inside - trust me, it's well worth a look! I'm not sure where to start, with the description or the photos! I particularly like the mention of the previous owners being happy Buddhists - certainly the current owners aren't going to find any peace among all that stuff!

Sincerely hope someone who is able can post a link.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HU5 3HR :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • megela
    megela Posts: 755 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/06/26/4-bed-home-just-25k-one-small-catch/?ncid=webmail2

You can't live in it and it may not be there the next morning:eek:
    Re-mortgaged 20/04/12 MTiT-T3 No.7
    Start balance £89611.10 + £22500 = £112111.10/Current balance £85436.53
    Original Mortgage Free Date April 2032
    Target Mortgage Free Date July 2022/Currently August 2029 (based on no offset)
    Total overpayments from 20/04/12: £8152.95
  • Grylls
    Grylls Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for posting a link, gingernutty. There's so much to look at in the property - I particularly like the 'indoor' garden, as well as the pond outside - if you can find it! Obviously the description is written by the owner, she's including the bespoke curtains in the price!
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Options
    There's so much to look at in the property

That's a lorra, lorra sq. footage for £250,000.
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wonder if it sold for more than 1p?

http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/06/12/fancy-a-free-house/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income