Moneybox app

Hi all,

Anyone come across or using this new Moneybox app? Essentially an easy way to get into investments by rounding up you card payments and investing in one of three groups of funds. Looks like a great idea for newbies etc.

Would be great to hear from someone who is using it.

Comments

• Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've generally been wondering the same. It has good reviews on the app store but apparently they charge £1 a month or something. So I don't see the point in really saving it if they're going to start taking it from us..
  • Yeah, imagine a company charging for something. I mean I walked into the local BMW dealership and they just gave me a new 3 series.
    no signature
  • AndyT678
    AndyT678 Posts: 757 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Chappers27 wrote: »
    Yeah, imagine a company charging for something. I mean I walked into the local BMW dealership and they just gave me a new 3 series.

Nobody is saying that companies shouldn't charge money for goods and services.

The point is this, imagine you wanted to go and buy your BMW 3 series and there were 2 dealers in town. Dealer A offers to sell it to you for £30,000 and dealer B offers to sell you the exact same thing for £50,000. Which would you choose? And what would you say to some guy who comes along to post on an internet forum that dealer B are brilliant and you can buy a 3 series from them for only £50,000?
  • random__2
    random__2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2017 at 12:05PM
    I would ask what sort of service does dealer B offer that justifies the higher price.

Some services are worth something. Having a blanket belief that paying any money out is bad, would be counter-productive.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    random_ wrote: »
    I would ask what sort of service does dealer B offer that justifies the higher price.

Some services are worth having .

And this one, isn’t. For reasons as explained in the other thread. Not this defunct one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure