PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• dramarama
    Options
    I'm hoping I can join for £140 a month that's for two adults and a cat! I love the GC's! Things have been slipping with food spends lately but hoping to get back on track.
    Married in 2016. Bought our first home in 2017. Expecting our first baby in November 2017
    :):):)
    Frugal & thrifty as much as possible.
    ;)
  • Pepperoni
    Pepperoni Posts: 461 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 22 November 2014 at 10:07PM
    Options
    Please can I join (first time!) for;

£175.00
    • [STRIKE]Credit Card: £2,989 / £2,989[/STRIKE]
    • Bank Loan: £12,000 / £14,000
  • Ellie_BB
    Options
    Wow, can't believe we're in December already. Hoping I can even out the xmas food spends by being good for the rest of the month, so can I go down for £250 again this month please.:)
    thanks
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 November 2014 at 11:21PM
    Options
    Hi all, could you put me down for £300 for the month running from 1st-31st December. :xmastree:
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Hi and thanks all for the last challenge of the year I am still on my Nov budget and will probably go over slightly but we have our turkey and some treats snuggled in the freezer so will go for my usual £240 plus an extra £60 for everything else to be included £300 for me please xx
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Christmas savings £200/£800.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
    Birthday savings £50 /£100.
    100 days #20 Credit union £40/£1150
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

I,ve been rubbish recently and have been spending like water. December isn,t the best month to climb back on the wagon, but your all so helpful, it might be the kick in the pants I need to get sorted, so £400 for December please, and I would like to knock a £100 off of that per month for the new year
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • dizzyditzy
    Options
    Hi everyone :hello:
    I have joined in in the past but I fell by the wayside. However my circumstances will be changing and I really need to sort myself out. I am budgetting this month from Wednesday for 4 weeks for £160. I have a 16 and 14 year old and a cat with expensive tastes:) I have 2 freezers that are jam packed and need to be emptied. I'm doing this four weeks in readiness for my fresh start for next year. I look forward to joing in with you all. Thank you to everyone who keeps this valuable thread going xxxx
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks to Zippychick and Solstice for running the thread.
    As posted on the November thread I’m changing my month to run calendar monthly instead of payday to payday so I’m still on the November challenge for another week.

I’ve decided to up my budget by £50 for December to £300 as we’ll be having DD1 and DGD for Christmas and Boxing day so will need to buy more than usual. Fortunately none of us like turkey so at least I won’t have that expense but will probably have at least 2 different meats for Christmas day and may buy a ham for Boxing day.

Denise

• CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    I can't believe it's almost December!

Can you put me down for £40 per week please?
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 November 2014 at 5:19PM
    Options
    Thank goodness it's December! Pay day is tomorrow but as it's my day off I'll be starting on our budget today.

I'd like to set a budget of £150 for December please; the extra £20 is to cover some nibbles for when everyone comes back here after we go to watch the Christmas lights being turned on and some extra bits for Christmas day; bf's mum is cooking for us all (they're lot, me and my parents&brother!) but she doesn't have any extra sauces etc with her dinner so I will get some mustard, horseradish and cranberry plus I have offered to make the desserts :)

Anyway today we need formula for wonder bairn, some fresh veggies, cheese and the laundry detergent I like is on offer :) will do a proper shop next weekend though
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family