Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Good morning.

I thought a heatwave was due to arrive yesterday ... has it been delayed?

Anon
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Heatwave......not here....yet.....if you check the BBC weather app it's always 3 days in the future......ALWAYS:rotfl:

It never seems to get here:o

Well the whole day stretches ahead of me like a blank canvas....a bit of gardening, a bit of pottering, do my eyebrows, visit A:)

Was very hot here yesterday. But the daily blah blah's keep saying some Spanish plume is going to arrive by Tuesday and its going to be in the 30's. But BBC weather for my area says 19C for my area. Will just have to see what happens. Hoping for something inbetween :D

Morning all :wave:

TSB contactless card query. Why does my TSB contactless card always work ok in M's petrol station and not in the actual shop :mad: Also it seems to work in most other shops ok. Its just M's supermarket :mad: Missing out on some 5% cb. Not good.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You don't like cycling ?

I do, but as a mum of a cyclist I worry as it can be dangerous. Last year someone cut in front of him causing him to hit their back wheel. He, DS3 ended up in a ditch with the cycle on top of him and his feet still in the foot strap things :eek:

I'm just a worrier :o
    He does things like spend £10,000 on a motor bike, speeds, and has to go to court, probably sell the bike :T and may loose his licence. It is a huge realisation (for me). So my plan of action is to insist on the debts being paid...I may then progress to them contributing to the household costs:D:D:D But OH is adamantly against this... there has been a few heated discussions about this, I think we should charge them £100 a month and without them knowing put this into a bank account so that it can help with deposit for house/wedding etc.

My mum did used to charge us £20 a week (over 30 years ago:eek:) but she put it into bank, and it paid for our weddings... as I did not marry my OH she had her house remodelled with my wedding money whilst my brother was handed his for a deposit!

Eldest two paid £30 a week, they are 9 and 10 years older than the two youngest. DS3 paid £30 a week but he got that back for deposit and to buy his new car, which he paid back. What we do about the money we gave him to buy his ex out if the house is still being decided. Does ge attempt to repay it or is it part of his inheritance when we're gone :cool:

DS4 pats £30 a week but it never seems to get to the bank before he has 'borrowed' it back :eek:

savvy_sal wrote: »
    2mh68hz.jpg

Good Morning.
    Another lovely day here.We could do with some rain.
    Pulled some onions.Drying them out on a rack resting between two garden chairs.

Still got another lot to pull but due to the dry weather they are not as good as last year.

We've had a very bad year sal, we've had to replant a couple of times due to the influx of snails :mad: they are around every year but this year has been horrendous. They ate the tips of all plants, so we've git fingers crossed for second attempt. Onions, first lot rotted in ground due to floods, same with 2 types of potatoes. Second attempt seem ok but not very big :eek: onions not very big and not many left.

No sweet corn as slugs got second lot, cabbages all nibbled :eek: :mad:

We're just hoping that we get lucky and can get second planting of cabbages and leeks :(
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hillbern,

I know you are manically busy and you must feel the world does not stop demanding things from you, but I do envy you, the time with your grandchildren will give you a bond that is rare seen xxx

DS1 has just send me photographs of him and his girlfriend one of the one where the face has been swopped, with a caption that I am going to have ugly grandchildren. I would love ugly grandkids, but would like them close enough to see them... I have told him they need to be within 3 hours air travel. He said that they will be go New Zealand to live when they settle... how the heck is that 3 hours away!

I do cherish the time I have with grandson, and I miss him dreadfully when I don't see him- I feel very privileged to be able to live at theres sunday- Wednesday be there in the mornings as he wakes, be there at bath time and there at bed time and the sleepless nights...... I just feel that I ought to be more organised and I ought to be able to do more!
    The things I have to put up with are sleeping on a blow up mattress on the floor as they are only in a 1 bedroom apartment and having to get up and down hurts dreadfully as my hip and knees give me pain ..from constantly on me knees whilst nursing on community and doing leg dressings etc.....and my dil texting every hour with wanting to know what he is doing have I changed his nappy has he had breakfast has he had his nap, I know she is anxious but she does go over board because when she gets home from work she then ignores him for most of the time and goes and has a nap herself ( I know she is expecting again but perhaps if she went to bed before midnight she wouldn't be as tired)
    I must sound like an awful bit.h but I bite my tongue because I love the precious time I have with grandson...I then get home and have my 15 year old grandson (who lives with us) who is the stroppy teenager from hell but I also cherish the time spent with him.
    I must admit New Zealand is an awful long way and a tad more than 3 hours!! I know im lucky I just hope and pray that they don't move to the Philippians- she is Filipino and has land and a mango plantation there as well as some close family - although she has her mum sister and brother in London x
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Dad has his new mobility wheel chairs :j Rather fast for him but I'm sure he manage them, as he doesn't want to much damage to his collections :rotfl::rotfl:
    This means he can now get across garden to farm yard & to the car :T:T
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Dad has his new mobility wheel chairs :j Rather fast for him but I'm sure he manage them, as he doesn't want to much damage to his collections :rotfl::rotfl:
    This means he can now get across garden to farm yard & to the car :T:T

Great news Snap.

I can see him getting a bit mischievous now though, and shooting off on adventures!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    I do cherish the time I have with grandson, and I miss him dreadfully when I don't see him- I feel very privileged to be able to live at theres sunday- Wednesday be there in the mornings as he wakes, be there at bath time and there at bed time and the sleepless nights...... I just feel that I ought to be more organised and I ought to be able to do more!
    The things I have to put up with are sleeping on a blow up mattress on the floor as they are only in a 1 bedroom apartment and having to get up and down hurts dreadfully as my hip and knees give me pain ..from constantly on me knees whilst nursing on community and doing leg dressings etc.....and my dil texting every hour with wanting to know what he is doing have I changed his nappy has he had breakfast has he had his nap, I know she is anxious but she does go over board because when she gets home from work she then ignores him for most of the time and goes and has a nap herself ( I know she is expecting again but perhaps if she went to bed before midnight she wouldn't be as tired)
    I must sound like an awful bit.h but I bite my tongue because I love the precious time I have with grandson...I then get home and have my 15 year old grandson (who lives with us) who is the stroppy teenager from hell but I also cherish the time spent with him.
    I must admit New Zealand is an awful long way and a tad more than 3 hours!! I know im lucky I just hope and pray that they don't move to the Philippians- she is Filipino and has land and a mango plantation there as well as some close family - although she has her mum sister and brother in London x

Bless you i cld not sleep on a blow up bed...it wld not take much to sort a better bed out for you. Thingd are complicated with you having a child at home as being away can effect this child.

Flip another child.....and no room. I think things will get more stressful for you all.

Ds1 gf is Singapore chinese. She is really lovely. But her parents scare ds1. The differences in culture and religion are massive. He is absolutely in love which is lovely to see. I did used to call his ex ' the evil one' so any girl whose head does not spin on her shoulders will do for me! Lol
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    [SIZE=+1]hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:):)

23 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

[/SIZE]pooh-bear-saturday.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Just going out of the door...changed clothes dress far to short.

Noticed the soup vouchers run out today...and suggestions where best to use them tia
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hillbern.....a friend of mine looks after her granddaughter one day a week, whilst her parents are at work. During the day she whatsapps the Mum and Dad with photos and comments....maybe a photo of her eating her lunch, with a comment of 'Hi Mum and Dad, look I have eaten all my lunch and didnt get too much down my clean clothes'....or something similar. I know that the Mum & Dad really appreciate it, as they say, that although they are not there, they feel reassured that she is fine, and can see what she has done/where she has been. Just a thought....might this help?
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    I have managed to get elite on my phone...but cannot search or do much else lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure