12346»

Comments

• Skymist
    Skymist Posts: 406 Forumite
    WAYT have sent you a PM

S
  • Skymist
    Skymist Posts: 406 Forumite
    WAYT my sent folder is not showing any sent messages, so please say if you didn't receive my PM!

Thanks

S
  • Skymist wrote: »
    WAYT have sent you a PM

S

You do realise that the things WAYT is directing to you do are the sorts of things you should never ever do (download some random software from a random person on the internet, and run it as admin...)
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    You do realise that the things WAYT is directing to you do are the sorts of things you should never ever do (download some random software from a random person on the internet, and run it as admin...)

You do realise that you are writing utter nonsense....don't you?

If you had any character to you, you would check the download for possible malware before posting.
    For good reason I posted it on the open board.
    Instead you prefer to illustrate your ignorant scaremongering to one and all. Congratulations.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary

Well, I trust him impeccably - he has helped me on several occasions and never a dodgy download yet.

Of course you should never download random software from an unknown source, but to take advice from someone who ... well, gives good advice isn't quite the same.
    WAYT wrote: »
    You do realise that you are writing utter nonsense....don't you?

:D
  • As I've said, I am perfectly happy with my set-ups at the moment, just looking for a Skype replacement to use between Linux Mint (me) and Mac (my son). Viber has already been suggested (thanks again HonourlessWeasel ).

Yesterday I came across this....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_(software)

"Many employees working on Wire have previously worked with Skype, and Skype's co-founder Janus Friis is backing the project."

https://wire.com/en/

Has anyone used this?

TIA

S
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business