Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• scillymamba
    Options
    You can add me as another unhappy switcher! We switched via the MSE collective to Green Star on the 26th April.

We initially received a transfer date of 17th May and surprisingly managed to set up an online account and submit meter readings to Green Star on that date. However, we subsequently received another Email on the 20th May to inform us that our switch date will in fact be the 30th May, though there was no explanation as to why there was a change in dates.

So, on the 30th May we logged on to our account to submit our meter readings as before but this time got a message to say that there were no meters, gas or electricity, associated with our account. So, after trawling through this forum we found the post from the Green Star representative saying to send meter readings to 'mse@mygreenstarenergy.com'. This we did whilst also asking why there has been a delay and were told about the gas industry update that has delayed switches, though nothing about why our electricity hasn't been switched yet.

Then on the 2nd June we got an email from MSE to inform us that our switch has been partially accepted and our gas supply has now been switched. We haven't had anything from Green Star to inform us of this. Also, we have had no indication as to when our electricity will be switched which seems strange as there was supposedly only a delay with gas switches.

Today both Green Star and First Utility (our previous supplier who were superb!) have taken full payments leaving us out of pocket. Checking our online account again it appears that there still are no meters associated with our account, so who knows what is going on!

We have neither the energy or inclination to chase all this up on the phone with Green Star so will see how things pan out. Needless to say, we are extremely surprised that MSE recommended a company that obviously cannot handle so many people switching to it and whose customer services and communications with their customers are so poor. It has left us with no alternative but to advise friends and family to avoid the MSE Energy Club in the future as a result of this episode.
  • scillymamba
    Options
    Would just like to add to my previous post that having just checked my First Utility account it appears that they are no longer providing electricity but do still seem to be supplying us gas which is the complete opposite to that MSE email we recieved on the 2nd June. So there you go - a complete debacle by both MSE and Green Star! Really would advise all and sundry to avoid both!
  • murphydavid
    murphydavid Posts: 832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Following on from my previous posts. Green Star please note outstanding items.
    1. I have been notified by my previous supplier that I have transferred but I have not had final bill from them do you forward my final readings to them?
    2. I still have not had my meters linked to my accounts (whatever that means). I would like to point out that there is no update being done by the electricity industry so your reason for not linking my gas meter does not apply to my electric meter and you have made that a separate account so why is it not linked?

In General and a bit of goodish news
    I was surprised to find that I got a much faster response from the GS rep to my posting on this thread than from contacting them on either of their email addresses. So maybe I should advise that if you want to contact GS the fasted method by far (although a bit hit and miss) is to post your questions here.

I did as they replied to me on this thread and sent my meter readings gas and electric to [EMAIL="mse@mygreenstarenergy.com"]mse@mygreenstarenergy.com[/EMAIL]
    After 5 days I received an email saying “Thank you for contacting Green Star Energy. Thank you for providing these meter reads, I can confirm that these have now been added to your account accordingly.” So that’s good and within a week.
    I have also now received an email replying to an email I sent them on 23 May the reply is no longer relevant but email turn over time was approx 3 weeks.
    I have been DDed by Green Star and not (so far) by my previous supplier.
    Just to agree again with most other posts here. What a dreadful waste of time and this is not the “its easy to switch” I was anticipating.
    And to disagree with a couple of others I still rate MSE as a well good site.
  • Inverchaolain
    Options
    Switched to Green Star as part of the Collective Switch on 16th May. Setup my account and got an email asking me to enter my meter readings. Tried and got the same message as others about meters not linked to my account. At this point I wasn't too worried as it was only a short time after the switch so I phoned and then the problems started. The person I spoke to didn't have much interest in listening to the readings and I had to repeat them multiple times and ask her to repeat the readings back to me until I thought we were both in synch. I asked her to send me an email to confirm the readings as I was still worried that all was not well.

I never got a reply so a few weeks ago I called again. This time I was told that due to the numbers switching there was a "small" delay in linking accounts to meters and not to worry. I again asked for a confirmation email.

Phoned today and was told the problem was system related. I also asked what had happened to confirmation I request twice previously. Apparently the confirmation will be resent!!

I have no faith in this company and wish I had never switched to them. Despite them being unable (or unwilling) to send emails or properly setup customer accounts they seem to have no such issues with taking money out of my bank account.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Options
    papito wrote: »
    Can't provide meter reading in last 2 weeks, customer service only works M-F frim 8 till 6 so hard to find a time off work or at weekends as I used to have with EDF.
    Furthermore EDF told me about a fault with my electricity meter but as it was due to move to Green Star not able to send engineer, called Green Star on Friday 19/05 but told to call again on Monday 22/05 when they take over as they can't put anything on the system, told them to write it down with pen and paper and them to update it and n their system to avoid me calling again for the same issue having no time to but was told won't do it and repeatedly asked me to call on Monday....I regret changing supplier, first time in years I have this tipe of problems and kind of Customer service from an energy firm. Provided reading over the phone today after taking time off now waiting for their complaints department ring me as if app and/or telephone not working to take readings I feel I was mis sold the service...I will ask Ombudsman to look into this. Bad for MSE energy club offering this firm and saying had a good reputation and great cs feedback??

Hi Papito

I'm sorry for the experience that you have had in switching to Green Star Energy, and i trust that the complaints team have been in touch about the metering issue, and this is well on the way to getting resolved.

Thanks
    Steve
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    sam1970 wrote: »
    This is a question for Green star Rep. here so I will appreciate reply. I signed for your unlimited tariff and you started supplying on 13 April. The fixed monthly payment is £150 taken on the first of the month and you have collected two payments (01 May and 01 June). Today Green star issued a bill for the period 13 April-30 April for £89 and my account now is showing credit of £209.
    When I signed, I understood that I will pay £150 (as decided by Green star Energy) and have unlimited use of gas and electricity so what is this bill for? At this rate I will come to a stage when my account will be in debit so how do you call it unlimited tariff? Have I been tricked?

Hi Sam

Thank you for your enquiry. The Unlimited tariff is unlimited for the duration of the tariff, and the Direct Debit should cover the amount due. It sounds like this could be a case of the bill being produced at a different time to the Direct Debit, and would be happy to look into your account to confirm. Please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with your concerns and one of the team will investigate.

thanks
    Steve
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    Jezz75 wrote: »
    Just been contacted by greenstar. We closed our account 10 months ago and they have just notified us they have refunded us twice last October. Apparently they have passed us on to debt collection agency. They have sent no emails or snail mail to us and this is the first we knew about it. Can anyone advise please?
    Very annoyed and upset.

Hi Jezz

Apologies for the delay, have you contacted us directly with your account details? if not, or you've not had a response, please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com.

thanks

Steve
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    dave5birch wrote: »
    DO NOT move to Greenstar.

AWFUL, absolutely AWFUL, shame on MSE for showing them as No1, might think about using the switch service again!!

first of all, they claim to have an app, that doesn't work
    you phone, minimum 25 mins on hold, to then be told, there is a system error, each time you call? i think not
    then try and use their voicemail system to submit meter reading. got cut off, phone back, then says and error, can't do it.
    call up tell them (after 25 min hold).
    email to complain, "we'll deal with thin in 7 days", nearly a month later, no contact.
    email and call again, same "system issues"
    essentailly dreadful.
    apparently there is a gas database freeze, so says old supplier first Utility.
    was i told?
    was it anywhere on MSE? not that i could see, so now stuck with old expensive supplier until it lifts!
    NEVER USE THEM, please spare yourself the time and effort

Hi dave5birch ,

I completely understand your frustration with switching to Green Star Energy after being promised good customer service - just like anyone else, if I'm promised something I like to think that promise will be kept so I am very sorry for this.

At the beginning of June we experienced an issue with our systems in Ireland, Ireland is Green Star Energy's biggest call center who take a large majority of our calls. For this reason when there system crashed they were unable to take calls - as a result of this we did have a large increase in demand with answering calls, please accept our sincere apologies on the delay you have encountered.

We do have a team working daily on emails and we are recruiting in order to assist with our response times to customers.

The information about the mandatory gas industry update was on Green Star Energy's website, I am not sure whether or not his was advertised through MSE but we did notify our customers via our website.

If you do have any further queries please contact us at mse@mygreenstarenergy.com

Thank you
    Megan
  • Owt4nowt
    Owt4nowt Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok so here is a quick update re my switch from SP to Green Star.

Despite sending three emails to Green Star I have not received a reply. The first email was sent 10 days ago.

Progress is being made. Not sure if if this is due to my emails or not.

SP have issued a final bill for my electric and have requested my meter reading for my gas.

Hopefully my final bill for gas will be sent soon.

Still can't submit meter readings online on my Green Star account.

Also I have received my cash back for switching with MSE.
  • Beetlebug.1983
    Options
    Not impressed, not only have we had problems with the meter issue being unable to submit readings for gas, we also got no response to emails but to be fair got same day reply when using the MSE email address. Biggest problem was electric supply got cut off out of hours, meter is caput but green star have no emergency out of hours number, western have visited but can do very little because its meter related, very disappointed- what are you supposed to do in an emergency if their contact is only office hours. Nightmare 😡😡
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback