Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • earthan7dor1
    • By earthan7dor1 14th Mar 17, 9:53 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 0Thanks
    earthan7dor1
    A camping issue - Is this right, legal or fair?
    • 14th Mar 17, 9:53 PM
    A camping issue - Is this right, legal or fair? 14th Mar 17 at 9:53 PM
    I am new to camping, and to this official camping site. I fist came to store my caravan. But on 2nd January, having been pressured into a membership/joining fee; as a 'senior' entitles 25% discount. Having now paid, I learned 'discount' does not apply to 'high season' or 'serviced pitch'. I was offered a deal whereby I am on site for 28 days, I leave for one day (2 x half days) paying almost £6 to leave my van sited for that day. I then return and start another 28 day cycle. I was told I could keep doing this as the site is open all year. I wasn't looking to be there ad infinitum, but this deal would give me unrushed breathing space.
    So I did this for January and February. Towards the end of February when I went to pay my March fee, I was unceremoneously ordered to leave the site at the end of March as they had booked my pitch out for April (without asking, advising,warning me they will do this). Nor did they offer any alternative, storage facilities, whatever else. The attitude was 'tough'.
    They said Head Office had booked the pitch, brooking no more discussion. So I rang 'customer services' department. They said the site does all its own bookings! Conflicting information, but not offered any solution.
    4 March: I was summonsed to the site office and told to go immediately ("here and now"), because I had phoned head office. [Who issued this directive?].
    I offered to pay May, even though well in advance - this was ignored. I was expected to simply roll over and disappear without any given explanation, apology, etc.
    Also, the manageress advised, "we have thoroughly investigated you". What for, I am not a felon or a fraud - simply a normal paying customer of a caravan site. I have nothing to hide. Is their unwarranted infringement of my privacy allowed? To what depth, and/or how far have they spread their 'investigation? What damage to my credibility have they perpetrated? Where did they obtain permission to conduct this ferreting? She would not enlarge. Likewise is this Head Office or site manager instigated?
    Meanwhile, I am frozen in Coventry, there are vacancies on hard standings in April, I consider they have callously voided my membership and I want a refund. Worse, I must try and find somewhere to re-site, which is proving impossible (on my low income pension price bracket at Easter 'high season', so I'll be driving round the roads like a snail with a caravan shell on my back for the foreseeable future).
    The sick joke (!) is, others are living on site under the 28 day scheme for many months on end, and others have been 'lodging', but actually living on site for years. I lodge, have a rent book and part of my rent goes to Council Tax. All my official documents and pension have used that address for years without quibble. Why should Caravan and Camping Club make it an issue?
    Worse, I was suggested having a 'seasonal pitch' - paying a couple of £thousand now. Apparently, they hold a certain number of 'hard standings' back in case they can sell them for 'seasonal pitches’ (kerching!). But if not thus sold, they revert to touring pitches.
    I have not been treated with any modicum of fairness, but discrimination.
    Any tangible suggestions please? NO trolls thank you.
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    Last edited by earthan7dor1; 14-03-2017 at 10:20 PM. Reason: duplicated entry - only want the latter one - "I am new to camping...
Page 2
    • earthan7dor1
    • By earthan7dor1 20th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    earthan7dor1
    Thanks for responding.
    Oops! Maybe I should have simply taken a holiday, since this is what I had intended when 'siting a caravan'. An intended cheap (huh) short break, albeit far from the romantic notin of my last experience of camping - my childhood.
    • earthan7dor1
    • By earthan7dor1 20th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    earthan7dor1
    Thanks for responding.

As I see it, I tossed a double headed coin; which came down as the 'other' caravan club got my membership. I felt prssured, and sold on a discount; albeit after I'd paid (and extra as not on D/D) I leqarned the discount isn't for high season or serviced site. So what with that, and only 'used for a bare three months', not a god deal. The trouble is I doubt they have the nuance to refuld (Kerching! more suckers' money into the pot). Refund could have paid for CC sites, as to all intents, one cannot go onto a CC (CL) site unless a member. Mind you, I'm pretty gutted with this (ostensibly) friendly camping club, I'm not sure I want to dip my toes (and come a cropper) a second time.
    • earthan7dor1
    • By earthan7dor1 20th Mar 17, 10:46 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    earthan7dor1
    Thanks for responding.
    I need to clarify I wasn't intending to stay there 'permanently'; just a tad longer than I have been. It is not the 'shoving off' that sucks, but the methodology, the faux 'excuse' (a friend rang up and they admitted having some sites left for April; the utter flagrant discrimination, et al. Worse, the wanton kindergarten 'Sending to Coventry' ignore-ance of my very presence - am I bovvered? Nah!.
    Yet, to then contrarily, even offer me a 'seasonal pitch'; which scheme (correction, scam) others had been on for 2-8 years, least. Like Shylock, squeezing out my last pound (sterling) of flesh.
    I am fully aware what goes on, on site.
    I can't help not having a brown tongue. I also have nothing to lose by telling the truth.
    I'm geting over it slowly, but it still claws in my throat. Especially, when I have not yet re-sited, and I'm being thrown off on 29th.
    I'd love to see them deploy the Police as a final "we're categorically a 'friendly' club" gesture.
    Time they received some generously wished Karma?
    Candidly, I had actually reached the same conclusion as you. It is not what I am (a paying guest), but "WHO".
    It is said, "If someone does us harm, our very presence makes them feel guilty; that they end up hating us". Sad.
    • photome
    • By photome 21st Mar 17, 5:47 AM
    • 12,249 Posts
    • 7,747 Thanks
    photome
    not sure I have ever been more confused
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 21st Mar 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 1,617 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Thanks for responding.
    I need to clarify I wasn't intending to stay there 'permanently'; just a tad longer than I have been. It is not the 'shoving off' that sucks, but the methodology, the faux 'excuse' (a friend rang up and they admitted having some sites left for April; the utter flagrant discrimination, et al. Worse, the wanton kindergarten 'Sending to Coventry' ignore-ance of my very presence - am I bovvered? Nah!.
    Yet, to then contrarily, even offer me a 'seasonal pitch'; which scheme (correction, scam) others had been on for 2-8 years, least. Like Shylock, squeezing out my last pound (sterling) of flesh.
    I am fully aware what goes on, on site.
    I can't help not having a brown tongue. I also have nothing to lose by telling the truth.
    I'm geting over it slowly, but it still claws in my throat. Especially, when I have not yet re-sited, and I'm being thrown off on 29th.
    I'd love to see them deploy the Police as a final "we're categorically a 'friendly' club" gesture.
    Time they received some generously wished Karma?
    Candidly, I had actually reached the same conclusion as you. It is not what I am (a paying guest), but "WHO".
    It is said, "If someone does us harm, our very presence makes them feel guilty; that they end up hating us". Sad.
    Originally posted by earthan7dor1
    This post makes you appear to be insane. I don't know whether you are insane or not. If you're not, you need to think about the way you express yourself.
    • Exile_geordie
    • By Exile_geordie 23rd Mar 17, 11:20 AM
    • 4,384 Posts
    • 8,756 Thanks
    Exile_geordie
    Im even less aware of what was going on now by the end of the thread than I was at the start.

OP - you need to use the 'quote' button to reply to each individual post not just reply willy nilly,.
    Northern Northern Northern.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

209Posts Today

1,348Users online

Martin's Twitter