Lowell Solicitors Claim Form

Hi all.

Recieved a claim form today issue Date 13.11.17

For an amount of around 550
Looking for advice
Particulars :
Hi i took a Vanquis credit card in 2012 when i was employed. Used it to buy things and then pay off etc to build credot until i was made unemployed. I left it foolishly and didnt contact them resulting in it being passed to Lowell 03/2015

Moved in with a girlfriend so not recieved many letters from them just the odd one my mum as passed along when i have been back home.

She rang me today saying this had arrived.

Only just had a CCJ taken off my file after 6 years from when i was 20... ive increased my CS by 200 points in the last year hoping to secure a mortgage so this is something i could really do without.

I havent acknowledged at all at the moment as im looking for advice.

Im self employed at the moment and could probably get this paid off within a few months if given the option however i dont and cant have a CCJ on my file

Im thinking wait a week and acknowledge for the extra 2 .. then admit... wherein am i right in thinking a CCJ will be issued and ill have 30 days from the date of issue of the CCJ to pay completely off and i can have the CCJ removed from my Credit File without any impact to the score at all?
.. thereby giving me 7 weeks around about to beg borrow and steal to squirrel it away to pay off in full.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• If you pay with 30 days, a CCJ will be removed.

As always, disregard your credit score when trying to build a good history. It is not a reliable measure by any stretch of the imagination.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    have lowell acted under the new pre action protocol , that came into force a few weeks ago ? I thought they had ton contact you offer you alternatives (pay up?) and this should allow another 30 odd days before court action https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    have lowell acted under the new pre action protocol , that came into force a few weeks ago ? I thought they had ton contact you offer you alternatives (pay up?) and this should allow another 30 odd days before court action https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf
    It sounds as if its a claim form from what the OP said.

OP can you confirm whether this is a Letter of Claim, sent by Lowell Solicitors
    or a Claim Form, sent by the county court

The pre action protocol has been in force for a few months now, any claims form issued now should have been done after the new style "letter of claim"
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If the letter is headed ‘Letter of Claim’, as opposed to ‘Letter Before Claim’, then I think they are playing with words to disguise its real status.

If it is headed ‘Letter Before Claim’, the lowell are required to provide you with a plethora of information, as per the new Pre-action Protocol’ (PaP) - read the link so you know what you should have received with a formal LBC.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    If the letter is headed ‘Letter of Claim’, as opposed to ‘Letter Before Claim’, then I think they are playing with words to disguise its real status.

If it is headed ‘Letter Before Claim’, the lowell are required to provide you with a plethora of information, as per the new Pre-action Protocol’ (PaP) - read the link so you know what you should have received with a formal LBC.
    PaP? Really? :rotfl:
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    PaP? Really? :rotfl:

Pre-Action Protocol
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    Pre-Action Protocol
    I wasn’t doubting you, just trying to imagine legal people in court debating the merits of pap. :D
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I wasn’t doubting you, just trying to imagine legal people in court debating the merits of pap. :D

lowell and the word legal are not bed partners
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Brijay638 wrote: »
    For an amount of around 550
    Im self employed at the moment and could probably get this paid off within a few months if given the option
    Only just had a CCJ taken off my file after 6 years from when i was 20... ive increased my CS by 200 points in the last year hoping to secure a mortgage so this is something i could really do without.

I wouldn't worry too much about the impact on any mortgage prospects.

If you are struggling to find 550 to clear this debt it might not be realistic to consider that you would be in a position to get a mortgage anytime soon. (Unless you are expecting a considerable windfall) By the time your finances are in a position to allow you to buy a property the impact of any CCJ should have diminished somewhat.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MEM62 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about the impact on any mortgage prospects.

If you are struggling to find 550 to clear this debt it might not be realistic to consider that you would be in a position to get a mortgage anytime soon. (Unless you are expecting a considerable windfall) By the time your finances are in a position to allow you to buy a property the impact of any CCJ should have diminished somewhat.
    Quite pertinent. If they have no savings from which to pay this off, then how will they raise the deposit for a mortgage.
    I suspect its the theoretical issue of a CCJ stopping them getting a mortgage rather than the practicality of their finances being able to raise the deposit and get a mortgage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure