PerkTV

Options

Comments

• AugustaMB
    AugustaMB Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd suggest looking at second hand devices on eBay or similar to be honest. By the time they start failing you should have earned enough to get more. Just be aware it'll hammer your broadband data, might have them questioning whether it's fair use and could stop at any time.

SuperRewards is on Perk and you can watch a few videos for Perk coins. Don't use it with Swagbucks as they will ban you, as I found out. I sent them a nice e-mail saying I wasn't using it on Perk as it kept glitching and they lifted the ban.
  • QuackQuackOops
    Options
    My budget for this is my sb earnings so £50 max which is why I suggested the chinese knockoffs although I am sure I 'll be hit for import duties. I mean £40 for a nexus equivalent.

It isn't just a phone you have to think about. It's the cost of running it.
    You will need unlimited download otherwise your excess every month will be high.

Its the same on Swagbucks. We can all run the TV earner all day long, but if you don't have unlimited broadband, then the excess wipes out any earnings made so a lot of people don't use it.

With a phone too, you also have to think about electricity to keep the battery charged.
    Even if it only works out at a couple of pounds a month, thats 2 off the £10 you make, taking it down to £8.

You then need to keep it running constantly for 7 months before you make any profit. By which time, you might find your cheap phone is on it's last legs.

If you already have the phone and the right connection then it might be viable.
    Other than that, it wouldn't be worth bothering with.
  • AugustaMB
    AugustaMB Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It isn't just a phone you have to think about. It's the cost of running it.
    You will need unlimited download otherwise your excess every month will be high.

Its the same on Swagbucks. We can all run the TV earner all day long, but if you don't have unlimited broadband, then the excess wipes out any earnings made so a lot of people don't use it.

With a phone too, you also have to think about electricity to keep the battery charged.
    Even if it only works out at a couple of pounds a month, thats 2 off the £10 you make, taking it down to £8.

You then need to keep it running constantly for 7 months before you make any profit. By which time, you might find your cheap phone is on it's last legs.

If you already have the phone and the right connection then it might be viable.
    Other than that, it wouldn't be worth bothering with.

All that^^^. I've got fibre broadband and no limits, and have devices I already own. The iPod would drain in a couple of hours, though, so you basically have to run everything off a mains charger. They get hot. The app also reliably glitches in the early hours so you will rarely earn 24/7.

Also watching/running movie trailers earns the most points and watching/running app trailers earns half that. The app will reliably switch you to the lower-earning rate at some stage, so if you don't check it you'll again never achieve the full theoretical rate.

Personally I didn't think my potential earnings with it were worth the cost in power and devices, not to mention the additional strain on my wifi network.

I earned enough to reach the lowest cash out point and then did so. I can reliably earn so much more with Swagbucks.

That said, it might suit some people and you are definitely allowed to connect and run the 5 devices and are not expected to be watching. So you don't need to worry about being banned for that. I imagine that if advertisers pull the plug, knowing nobody is actually watching their content, that it could die off quite fast though.
  • whatever888
    Options
    Hi Quack

On Swagbucks you can earn maybe 70sb a day on tv maybe a little more, never been able to beat that even if they say 150sb per day because the captchas always crap out even if you are really careful. On encrave it is supposed to be unlimited but there is only one available.

So what are you saying?
  • QuackQuackOops
    Options
    Hi Quack

On Swagbucks you can earn maybe 70sb a day on tv maybe a little more, never been able to beat that even if they say 150sb per day because the captchas always crap out even if you are really careful. On encrave it is supposed to be unlimited but there is only one available.

So what are you saying?

I was talking about Perk TV and the cost of having it running.
    Its all very well saying "I just need a phone". But you also need to be able to run the content, which you would need an Unlimited broadband connection.

If you already have a phone and you already have unlimited broadband then you *might* make a few pounds a month, but it won't be much.

I don't know what you mean about captchas "crapping out". I've never had a problem with them and manage to earn 100+ sbs every day on it.
    Plus encrave which really doesn't matter if there is only one. It just runs in the background so I don't even think about what its showing.

What I am saying is Perk TV does not sound as though there is any real earning potential there because of the drawbacks. You couldn't earn £5 a week on it in the UK.

It sounds as though you are wanting a minimal effort earning potential but I'm afraid to say, there isn't one. They all take some effort, they all have their downfalls and they all pay small amounts.
    There are no get rich quick schemes with these sites.
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    after reading this thread with interest i decided to download this onto various devices .kindle,windows phone and ipad. After running it for a week i made about 7000 points (not on all devices all the time) after downloading the fast forward app which allows you to watch videos fast it jumped to more like 2000 points a day easy . I only have this on the apple device and from what is being said online/youtube/forums etc i could have the settings higher. From this i aim to earn to cash out say £10 amazon weekly which is fine for me .

Another thing to say is for the UK you seem to only get paypal and amazon. Whilst any reward is nice i actually wouldnt mind being able to spend on sites such as steam(which they offer for americans) or even if they had a print out option for american rewards like wallmart.starbucks (like swagbucks do here for marks and spencers) so i could save up reward vouchers for holidays and print/use on holiday
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • Themoonscrescent
    Options
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »
    after reading this thread with interest i decided to download this onto various devices .kindle,windows phone and ipad. After running it for a week i made about 7000 points (not on all devices all the time) after downloading the fast forward app which allows you to watch videos fast it jumped to more like 2000 points a day easy . I only have this on the apple device and from what is being said online/youtube/forums etc i could have the settings higher. From this i aim to earn to cash out say £10 amazon weekly which is fine for me .

Another thing to say is for the UK you seem to only get paypal and amazon. Whilst any reward is nice i actually wouldnt mind being able to spend on sites such as steam(which they offer for americans) or even if they had a print out option for american rewards like wallmart.starbucks (like swagbucks do here for marks and spencers) so i could save up reward vouchers for holidays and print/use on holiday

Isn't there a risk of getting banned from Perk for using cheat methods like FastForward?? If there is (I would have thought so?), isn't it better in the long term to play it by the books?
  • 1luckystar
    Options
    hi, any of you do perktv farm. what phones do you use and how much do you earn per week?
  • Themoonscrescent
    Options
    1luckystar wrote: »
    hi, any of you do perktv farm. what phones do you use and how much do you earn per week?

I don't have a full farm yet, but I will do in the next couple of weeks..

So far, I have 1x Ace 3, 1x Galaxy Youth & 1x Asus Tablet... I don't make money per week yet, but that will change, it's hard to say how many points per day as I've only just added my 3rd device, but it's over 2000 (on my 2 days off, that amount increases).
  • whatever888
    Options
    I ended up using a Hudl and a samsung galaxy europa (don't try that yourself unless you want to spend lots of time reading rooting and flashmod forums as I bricked the phone a couple of times getting kitkat on it). App is side loaded on both. I am not using any cheat software except screen filter although am considering it as both devices are rooted. I also have the low bandwidth option checked in the app.

Earnings are roughly 36-40 pt or 1.8 - 2 pence per hour per device. This assumes that you are resetting the devices every three hours to replay the app videos again. Earnings dramatically drop when you move on to the movie trailers at roughly 3 hours or stop when the "Are you still watching?" prompt kicks in after 4

So assuming that you reset the devices 8am 11am 2pm 5pm 8pm 11pm you get roughly 19 hours per day and one 20000pt £10 paypal voucher every 28 days per device. Remember to stagger the reset so not watching the same video on every device.

I don't think that a farm is really viable in the UK unless you already have the devices to hand. US phones appear to be about a 1/2 to a 1/3 of the price as in the UK. Maybe there will be a sale of very cheap Kitkats at Christmas.

I leave the phone running all the time and use the Hudl for other stuff like the swagbucks apps. Strangely Perk is better for passive earning than the swagbucks IndyMusic app but not the other three although no adverts as yet on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure