Freelance Work

13»

Comments

• tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    denmak wrote: »
    All listed above sites are platforms. They are middlemen. And I'm looking for sites that just provide information about the offers and list contact E-mails. Maybe a forum. I'm interested in direct contacts with clients without an intermediator.

Thank You in advance!

You haven't said what area of work you freelance in? I don't know of any website that just lists offers of work and contact emails - to be honest, there are so many scammers out there I don't think it would be practical from either side. If you want to offer your services directly to potential clients, your best bet is probably to create your own website and to identify possible clients and contact them directly.
  • MrJones1
    MrJones1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    If you don't feel that a platform for freelancing is appropriate or suitable for you, you should register as a sole trader and set up your own website. Then, it's all about promoting your business and services. Call, send emails, do SEO etc.
  • fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I wondered why it's so much easier to be hired on Fiverr and Upwork than sites like Peopleperhour and Guru, despite the same people frequenting them all. I s'pose Peopleperhour look for the technical writer rather than the content writer for instance, maybe it's different for designers for example? I'm not sure why it's so hard to be a Guru though.
    I think it's probably better to say you're an Upwork freelancer than an Fiverr freelancer, despite many freelancers charging more than $5.
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
  • Hi, there is lot of sites for freelancing. Lot's of marketplace such as upwork, fiverr, contentmart, 99design and a lot. You can work their and earn a honorable ammount.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure