Flush by 30?

Comments

• JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Hmm... I've been paid for my charity work today, but I don't know if I've been paid properly, they seem to have missed a night... but I am really loathe to chase up a charity for expenses. Also, I don't know 100% if they're right or I am, because you don't get paid if the young person decides to go and stay with friends and that did happen a couple of nights.

I have purchased a 2017 diary for £1 anyway, so I will use that to make notes from now on, so I can challenge them properly if I think they're mistaken about nights.

Aside from that things are going ok, I'm quietly confident that I have enough funds to see me through to the 21st (I get paid 22nd).

I think what I want to do is make a habit on the night before payday of seeing what I've got leftover and what little amounts are on debts. So, for example, if I have £20 left in my fun fund which I should do, I could use some of it to get my loan from £6,549.37 to £6,540.00. I like to have tidy ends on my numbers, and might be a nice little way to get some extra overpayments in! Anything left in the fun fund at the end of each month is going into my emergency fund too, so I can very slowly start to build myself some savings.

As I said on another thread today, I have a wedding in May I need to save up spending money for, and I might need to pay for flights and a hotel to go to the hen party - they're in France. If it comes to it I will just let the bride know I can't make the hen party, because I'm not that into them anyway, but if I magically have enough to afford it, she is one of my oldest friends.
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    That is a tricky one about the payments isn't it. Hopefully the diary will keep you straight.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Happy New Year Popps, will follow with intest this year! The support in this place is amazing.
    Can now be found in the Millionaire Challenge thread :beer:
  • JWPopps
    Bobarella wrote: »
    That is a tricky one about the payments isn't it. Hopefully the diary will keep you straight.

I'm about 85% sure they're right, but this isn't the first time I've wondered about a missing night's payment. Still, £55.50 is still £55.50 I wouldn't have had otherwise, so I'm not complaining!

:D

• JWPopps
    Happy New Year Popps, will follow with intest this year! The support in this place is amazing.

Isn't it?! I always worry my OH gets sick of hearing me talk about my plans and how I want to pay off my debts and live frugally, so it's nice that I can do it here and people want to help!

Also, I love reading other peoples' diaries, I get fab tips and the motivation from seeing other people do well is just :beer:

• Read through your diary and really looking forward to reading your journey :)
    I WILL GET THERE.
  • JWPopps
    Thank you everyone for your super lovely comments.

I've been travelling back to Yorkshire for most of the day, I had a lovely 7 days with my OH but boo, hiss, back to work on Monday. I shouldn't complain, I've had more than 2 weeks off work...

Got home about 6pm, having had a sandwich at Manchester Piccadilly... honestly, £8.49 for a sandwich, a drink and an apple is not MSE but I'm glad I had it because my mum is out for the night and there is honestly no food in the fridge. There's half a pint of milk and a block of parmesan. What happened to all the food?!?!

I mean, there's stuff in the freezer so I've taken some sausages out for tomorrow lunch time.

Editing a novel is really hard. It's a sort of Young Adult coming of age/adventure story, so it needs to be full of action and excitement, but it's really hard to know if your own writing is exciting. So I'm hoping one of the friends I met on my MA will have a read of the opening chapters for me.

Tomorrow is all about doing housework and prepping for the week ahead - including doing a HEALTHY and VALUE FOR MONEY shop so I can prepare lots of healthy lunches and breakfasts-on the go. My sleep pattern always gets knackered when I'm with my OH so the first week will be a challenge.

One of my amazing Christmas presents from him was a gorgeous copper cafetière for single person portions of coffee. So that will help!

Hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend :beer:

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,243 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Great news you started the year in the black. Glad you had a lovely time with your OH :) Good luck with the writing.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • JWPopps
    Goodness gracious this is exhausting, innit?!

I managed to get up and out of bed on time which I'm proud of... it helped that I'd sorted out what I was going to wear the night before, and prepared my lunch etc. I MUST keep doing this, my commute is an hour and a half each way, so this is the only way I can cope with it!!

Spend-wise I've been pretty good, only bought my bus ticket (couldn't really get out of that) for the week and a bottle of water to keep me awake. I haven't even bought snacks at work which I am so proud of - it's MSE and good for my waistline!

I'm just on my way home now, I'm far too tired to edit any of my story but I am home alone all weekend so I'm not going to beat myself up if it has to wait until then.

Hope everyone else has had a lovely day!

• jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Returning to work hit me like a truck! I cycle in and have to leave about 6.30am this week and sometimes I'm in such a daze I'm not sure how I got here... good job I'm not on the roads!! Only way I manage is having clothes and lunch ready the night before or I end up standing in front of wardrobe for 20 mins half asleep
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills