Confused's Insurance feedback

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There are more snipers on here sometimes than around the opposions penalty box at Old Trafford when Ronaldo dribbles the ball just inside their penalty box!
  • toptip
    toptip Posts: 46 Forumite
    Have we not been here before!
    Top Tip is £450 away from clearing the overdraft and being debt free
  • dacouch
    I wanted to get my Man U joke in :rotfl:
  • Teknophobia
    Teknophobia Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Confused.com = utter garbage

Timeout and cookie issues: having to re-enter your data because you went to find out what type of alarm system and door/window locks you have, only to find that your session has timed out upon your return. Then, when logging back in and re-entering the data, being told there is an error in the 1st page when there clearly isnt (and it doesn't even show the error like it does on other pages, probably because there isn't one!). Solution: clear browser cookies/cache and start all over.

'Your Cover' page: You should get used to the following phrase: "the level of cover you have requested away from the home doesn't cover the items you have added above". If anyone at confused.com can get this to work when covering a laptop, bike and high-risk items less than £1000, yet want to cover less than this amount when away from home (because you dont necessarily take your laptop, bike and ALL of your high-risk items less than £1000 with you!), then I'd like to hear from you. And then of course the confusion as your laptop is already covered (quote: "All laptops are automatically insured away from home."), and the bike is optional. I tried all sorts of permutations and the only way to do this is to exceed the amount of your laptop, bike AND high risk items less than £1000. In my case, this was £4000 - bit much really.

The phone call - expect one of these within 10 minutes of managing to get some prices back. Poor bloke from Swindon didn't know what hit him when I let loose.

Better descriptions of door locks and alarms would be nice too. Try googling "Central Rail Key Operated Lock" and see how many descriptions you get.

Does the property have patio doors? If you selected this and need to edit your quote, make sure you go back and recheck this as for some mysterious reason, it resets it for you - could prove costly if you had to make a claim.

In my world, when we develop a product, we thoroughly test it in real-life situations. I wonder if confused.com have ever heard of user acceptance testing?

I've just lost 1 hour of my time, my temper and I'm now going to lose some money as I need a drink. All in all, a complete waste of time, effort and money.

TEk
  • dacouch
    There is a reason its called confused.com
  • I have now decided to omit this website from my searches, it always returns problems.
    This time on contents insurance, if you list over £6000 of high risk items, you can't proceed, because the next box which asks for the amount to be covered is limited to £6000.
    So, it continually brings up 'error on page' and you can't continue, unless you reduce the amount of high risk, which means under insuring.
    Had similiar problems on car insurance scenario.
    Not for me.
  • I have found confused.com website to be almost impossible to use when trying to get a home and contents insurance -gave up after 15 minutes trying to fill out the form - and I work in the internet industry!
  • JBWorcs
    JBWorcs Posts: 1 Newbie
    The Confused.com website doesn't seem to work when you add "specified and unspecified valuables" to a Home Insurance quotation. That seems to me to be a fundamental error, it will not allow you to proceed to the next stage, therefore it makes the system useless. I have reported the fault to their on line help, I'll let you know the outcome.
    :confused:
  • Chenda
    Chenda Posts: 1 Newbie
    Confused.com is aptly named - and useless. I couldn't get past the first page (that's my name and address). I was told in large red letters that I can't be 'Mrs' and divorced, (I wonder which one they would prefer me to lie about), and that my postcode doesn't exist.
  • Once again I'm confused.
    A key criteria for me is that I live next to a river. Having ticked the relevant boxes stating that I am "within 400m of a river, but have no history of flooding within the past 10 years" why do the quotes then state in their terms and conditions that "the property is not adjacent to a river" for the cover to be valid!:confused::mad:
    I'm sure the way these comparison sites work is by ignoring anything you type in and getting a quote based on a generic list. It's then left to us fools to correct every last detail on the 'best quote' site, only to find that they either won't insure you or the quote is suddenly the 'worst quote'. Go through that exercise a couple of times and you really will have had enough.
    Confused... I won't be, ever again :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport