Tumble Dryers Fire Risk - Hotpoint / Indesit / Creda

Options

Comments

• grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooooh, mine is that old too, I wonder if I'll get a new one!
    Mine is an Indesit IC70S, what is yours?
    Mine is a hotpoint VTDoo
  • mossstitchmama
    Options
    I know four other friends who have affected dryers. One of them bought theirs less than a month ago and the store is still selling the affected models.

Mine is less than 12 months old (Indesit IDV 75) . Have also been told there is a minimum of a five week wait.
  • n15h
    n15h Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    BBC has also reported on this issue: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34901765
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared - Buddha
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    New tumble dryer in place :j and old one taken away just now. A huge van delivered it and he said he had thousands to replace.
  • stokesley
    stokesley Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought they were modifying them. Are they replacing them all, or just some?
  • supermum4
    supermum4 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Grunnie how long did you wait from contacting them to getting your new dryer i contacted them weeks ago but still not even had a response ;(
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've tried to check to see if my 7 year old dryer is effected old but despite having all original stickers on not got one with serial number etc,no plate either. It's a condenser dryer which we stopped using last year due to discovery a scorch Mark and a hole the size of a penny within the mark after our electric blew. The only reason it's still in situ is because I had another dryer I use in the garage, the condensor was only used a couple of times a month and it's in fantastic condition was just leaving it there until I get my new kitchen fitted, shameful I know...
    I've emailed Hotpoint so will wait for a reply.
  • shocktactics69
    shocktactics69 Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2015 at 9:23AM
    Options
    i have an affected model but mine is only 4 months old and dont think i want them to repair it if there are safety issues, can i refuse the repair as within guarantee? I am also disgusted that Very are still selling this model and have called them to advise but do they not check these things how silly.

I am unsure if they offer to repair it if I can say actually no I want a different model as not happy I dont feel confident in it anymore but am I within my rights to do that?
    Any help would be great,
  • tgon
    tgon Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Saw this on the news. Mine was affected. Filled out the online form, got a call the next day to arrange the engineers visit a few days later, he came, he modified, he went. All pretty good I thought.
  • Swedeovich
    Options
    Hi has anyone else received a call offering a replacement machine for £59.99? Ours is 6 years old so probably not a bad deal. However the person claiming to be from hotpoint wouldn't give me a contact number, saying the number they rang from doesn't take incoming calls. I'm a bit suspicious of this. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has received a replacement machine, and if possible what number they had for the hotpoint team that organised this. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure