How do you use your PIP?

Comments

• bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've never felt the need to account for every penny of my Dla/Pip - it's between Atos and me what I get and why I get it - whereas you seem to like to actively gloat that you get it but don't need it.

I don't know where your motivation comes from but if there was ever a change that I'd like to see in disability benefits it would be this: Once people have been awarded their payment, they never have to justify why they get it and what they spend it on.;)

Because he gives all the benefit to the grand children as pocket money.
  • bigbulldog wrote: »
    Because he gives all the benefit to the grand children as pocket money.
    I did that is true.

But going by what OMT says, she would want it written in stone by the DWP that a claimant who gets an award, whether they need it or not should not have to account for how they spend it! So presumably OMT is in full agreement with me - I didn't have to account for how I spent my DLA money?
  • I did that is true.

But going by what OMT says, she would want it written in stone by the DWP that a claimant who gets an award, whether they need it or not should not have to account for how they spend it! So presumably OMT is in full agreement with me - I didn't have to account for how I spent my DLA money?

There's not having to account for it,not feeling you have to account for it and there is downright bragging about it!

No one likes to listen to the nobber down the pub boasting how much tax he gets away with paying either:p
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    My kitchen has the led spotlights. Livingroom however is one of those ones that point upwards in a glass cone like casing

I have never seen led lights other than spotlight type and iv never seen daylight bulbs in the shops - where would be best place to buy those please

Thanks

CrazyCollieLady, LED bulbs are increasingly available as normal bayonet and screw fittings as well as the spotlight type, supermarkets stock them, they're about £4 each.

Just swapped my living room bulbs from the older fluorescent tube energy saving bulbs to LEDs much brighter and 'cleaner' light.

here's the led bulbs on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=sr_aj?node=248790031&ajr=0
  • CTcelt1988
    CTcelt1988 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Rockingbilly bragged about his wife getting a Jaguar on another thread.

I personally couldn't care less, it's his hypocritical stance that annoys me.
  • w06
    I have several different fittings - overhead lights are candle with small screw in, I have spotlights in kitchen, not even sure what my bathroom bulb is never had to get that changed and my hallway, bedroom and my friends room is the fat bayonet type. My little bedside lamp is also the small screw in type as well - just annoying that they ain't all the same fittings lol
  • OldMotherTucker
    OldMotherTucker Posts: 8,593 Forumite
    edited 27 March 2017 at 11:20PM
    I did that is true.

I said I don't feel the need to justify why I get the payment - it's between the DWP and me! Neither do I have to account for how I spend my payment - along with any other person who receives benefits.

If you chose to brag about your fixtures and fittings then be prepared to take some flack for it. Jolly good luck to you that your disability/personality disorder doesn't incur additional expense - for the majority in receipt of DLA/PIP, sickness, disability, MHI's, chronic health etc do incur added costs and life can be a bit of a struggle.

Please take care to be less presumptuous when paraphrasing what I write!! Apologies if this is part of your condition but you seem to have some problems interpreting what people mean - have you tried claiming benefits for that?
  • There's not having to account for it,not feeling you have to account for it and there is downright bragging about it!

No one likes to listen to the nobber down the pub boasting how much tax he gets away with paying either:p

I don't get away with paying tax (wish I did) I probably pay as much now that I am retired as do others who work full time. - I just love paying tax.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 March 2017 at 12:34AM
    I don't get away with paying tax (wish I did) I probably pay as much now that I am retired as do others who work full time. - I just love paying tax.
    If you still have an alcohol problem I can quite believe it. That's a sure fire way of paying lots of taxes.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    My PIP money always seems to be used on something to make my health/disability less limiting.

My husband is just on the phone ordering a new manual wheelchair.. sigh .. my current one wont let me 'walk' on country paths and my waistline has expanded. We are not talking 'off road' tracks but something other than pavement. We hope it will help in the garden too.

We have also changed all our light bulbs to daylight bulbs.. they make the house feel nicer and have despite my scepticism have helped with my mood. I spend a fair bit of the week trapped inside.

Collie lady.. wilkinsons have a range of daylight and led bulbs in store..i am waiting to change ours over to LED as they flickr less but haven't worked out yet if they work on a normal dimmer switch or if something special needs doing. You really can get all shapes, sizes and fittings if you look online.

I have just started a Wheat free 6 week trial on suggestion of Doctors and am shocked by just how much more expensive staples are. I am severely lactose intolerant and could accept huge price differences on ice cream and treats but the difference in price for bread and pasta is crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure