Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Comments

• mikeeboy
    mikeeboy Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm an ex Egg customer. Just sent a secure message. Let's see what happens?
  • Sent my complaint this morning, just received a call and I'm now £50 richer and have double cash back for the next 6 months :-)
  • See below this is the secure message complaint I sent to Barclaycard, feel free to use

I'd like to complain about being transferred from my current Barclaycard World Mastercard to the new Visa and Amex card system. I don't believe this new offering is "less complicated" than my current card since I will now have to carry 2 cards and I am aware Amex is not taken in every store. I also fail to understand why the Visa card only gives me 0.5% cashback instead of 1%. To be honest I am considering closing the account once these new changes come in as I am not at all happy with the new arrangements. I'm also very disappointing that I will be losing the extended warranty and insurance features that the World Mastercard offered, these features were something I valued.

I am aware that others have been offered a £50 compensatory gesture as well as double cashback for 6 months. If you can match this for me I am happy to try the new cards. Otherwise I will strongly consider closing the account in the near future
    Regards
  • mikeeboy
    mikeeboy Posts: 175 Forumite
    Just had my call back. Double cash back for 6 months on the new cards but just a £20 gesture. I had to ask twice for that so didn't push for more.
  • mbailey
    mbailey Posts: 858 Forumite
    Bit late to the party, just put in my complaint.

My biggest issues is I want Mastercard, as already have Visa/Amex and having Mastercard as a backup is useful if the other 2 systems are not working. Also the cashback of course.

Will see what they say.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i dont think you will find Amex and Visa 'not working' very often
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    planteria wrote: »
    i dont think you will find Amex and Visa 'not working' very often

I was thinking this as well.
  • nigelpm
    nigelpm Posts: 433 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2014 at 7:47AM
    Amazed that Barclays are giving in to these cashback "complaints" particularly the ones that make no logical sense.

Who else is even offering 0.5% these days?
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Amazon. 1%.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Amazon. 1%.

Not currently available to new applicants.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure