What's your Woolies going to be?

Comments

• thevicster
    thevicster Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    Bath still has the 'to let' sign up, wish they'd hurry up and fill it, it looks so bare!! I believe Trowbridge (wiltshire) and Bodmin (Cornwall) have been bought by Iceland which is a bit daft as Bodmin already has 3 supermarkets!
    I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul, I want you to notice when I'm not around[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
  • Taunton's becoming H&M apparantly.

Our Zavvi is turning into HMV too.
  • emma-uk
    emma-uk Posts: 281
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Unless Primark also take over the empty Zavvi store as well in Colchester it will make a crap Primark, it's too small. The Chelmsford Woolies store is still empty as is a huge Alders store which has been for years, would make a great Primark, it is huge although there was rumours M&S were going to re-locate there but I don't think it will now.
    2013 wins: Persil Bunny
  • ljaybrad
    ljaybrad Posts: 868
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Two big woolies in preston and blackpool still empty
    Thanks to everyone who posts competitions
  • I think King's Lynn may be getting a Home Bargains and I suspect they may be going in the old Woolworths. I've seen a recruitment agency ad for a company selling stuff for the home that has over 170 stores. Seems to fit Home Bargains description.
  • brogusblue
    brogusblue Posts: 547
    First Post
    Forumite
    No news on the Dunstable store, Our town centre is dead, We have lost so many shops over the year even the quandrant shopping is half empty we have lost Moores (Deparment store), Kwik save, Bulters cafe, Burger King, Rosebys, Clays (Butcher), Adams, Stead & Simpson, Priceless shoes, Pounchstrechers, plus a few others even the Cancer research closed as there wasn't enough customers i think we have around 45 empty shops.

We have a iceland in Dunstable, so anything would be good a poundland or home bargains sound good.
  • saram613
    saram613 Posts: 133 Forumite
    The worcester woolies is 'supposed' to be opening as TK Max..
  • isitenough
    isitenough Posts: 5,593
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We're getting an Iceland in ours. Funny really, considering they closed the local one a couple of years ago and put an M&S food shop in it's place. Lo and behold a few months ago that closed and now the shop is left empty - still with Iceland stickers on the windows where M&S removed everything!
    Thank you to everyone who posts comps! :A
    I would like to be lucky,healthy & happy in 2020! :T
  • Charliezoo
    Charliezoo Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    Kavanne wrote: »
    In Walton there's already a carpet place down Bridge Street!! Aaaargh. Want a decent deptartment store back. I used to work at Beales (back in the day, *sniff*) and I think they always wanted to buy the Woolies store but Woolies wouldn't sell. Oh cruel world. I could have kept me Saturday job!!

I was hoping for something more exciting too....still got Addlestone, Woking and Staines to hope for :confused: Woking also lost its M&S :(

Any info on these stores??? They're still just sitting empty.
  • J-Man_4
    J-Man_4 Posts: 116 Forumite
    B+M Bargains in pontefract (opened) And PoundWorld in Castleford (due to open the last week this month)
    4 years of entering competitions daily and not a thing won. What a fix.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure