New Xbox out by the end of the year

book12
book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
edited 21 May 2017 at 12:25PM in Gaming MoneySaving
A new Xbox (Project Scorpio) is coming out near the end of the year. More details to be revealed at E3 on 11 June, where we will know what the console looks like, price, release and preorder date, etc...

Rumours indicate that it will be more than £500.

Reading some articles it disappoint me because:

1. Most people haven't heard of the new console coming out (despite articles about the being out along time ago).
2. People aren't interested in getting one (including people who already have a 4k tv with 'Xbox One S). They don't see or feel much difference between the One S and Scorpio when comparing the specs.
3. Too expensive for a games console.

Specs of the console cam be viewed here - http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/project-scorpio

In my opinion it's a good console to buy despite the rumoured price. If buying a first games console and want an Xbox instead of Playstation, go for and wait for the Scorpio. Worth while in the long term and worth the wait. If you don't want to spend that much or want an Xbox now, go for the Xbox One S, as at the end of the day it serves the purpose that you can play games on it.

Anyone here would want to upgrade their Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Xbox One S for the new Xbox? Anyone with Xbox One S with a 4k or HD tv, will you be upgrading to the new Xbox? Anyone buying their first game console and decide to buy an Xbox, will it be the Xbox One S or Scorpio?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    1) Really anyone interested in gaming know of the Scorpio. On the XB1 sub-Reddit it gets plenty of articles and discussions. Everyone knows.

2) Yes they are.
  • SRRAE
    SRRAE Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    3. taking in to account inflation games console like the Neo Geo AES (£900 console money now and £200 a game) and the Pansonic 3DO (about £1100 in todays money) were much more expensive.

I don't think there is much hype because its only a very small portion of console gamers who want more powerful consoles and they are very delusional that they are going to get a great 4K experience. PCs with 2 £900 graphics cards in a £2000 computer struggle to get modern games running at 4K at a good consistent frame rate so I don't know how people thing a games console with a card less powerful than a GTX 1070 can manage it.

Consoles pro over PCs is their ease of use and consistency, however with these other iterations consoles are going to lose out on the ease of use and consistency but still fall somewhat short of a PC experience.
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The Xbox One S will remain the mainstream console while Scorpio offers a high end alternative for those that want higher performance, the Xbox One/PS4 generation showed that for many people big numbers are more important than anything. With a growing number of cheaper 4k TV's there's going to be demand for '4K' consoles.

I'm hoping it means an expansion of the Play Anywhere program as there's very few games on it right now but the system works extremely well.

John
  • I will not be buying a new console anytime soon, I am yet to get my moneys worth out of my xbox one, the games line-up so far has been pretty disappointing in my opinion. Graphics and 4k are irrelevant unless there's some great games to make use of it.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 May 2017 at 1:04PM
    Not for me, the cost is 1 factor and the fact the One S I bought last year still has alot of life in it so dont see the point.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    book12 wrote: »
    A new Xbox (Project Scorpio) is coming out near the end of the year. More details to be revealed at E3 on 11 June, where we will know what the console looks like, price, release and preorder date, etc...

1. Most people haven't heard of the new console coming out (despite articles about the being out along time ago).
    2. People aren't interested in getting one (including people who already have a 4k tv with 'Xbox One S). They don't see or feel much difference between the One S and Scorpio when comparing the specs.

Specs of the console cam be viewed here - http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/project-scorpio

In my opinion it's a good console to buy despite the rumoured price. If buying a first games console and want an Xbox instead of Playstation, go for and wait for the Scorpio. Worth while in the long term and worth the wait. If you don't want to spend that much or want an Xbox now, go for the Xbox One S, as at the end of the day it serves the purpose that you can play games on it.

Anyone here would want to upgrade their Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Xbox One S for the new Xbox? Anyone with Xbox One S with a 4k or HD tv, will you be upgrading to the new Xbox? Anyone buying their first game console and decide to buy an Xbox, will it be the Xbox One S or Scorpio?

1. Gamers know. And no doubt Microsoft will have a massive advertising push as they near go live. It certainly wont be a soft launch

2. There will be people interested, but likewise the XBox One (S) is fit for purpose for most people

3. For new edge gaming technology, its relatively cheap especially when you look at historical prices.

There will be a move over time to Scorpio. It might take years, but it will happen. Thats what Microsoft want and its what they did with the XBox One as top tier, then the 360 beneath it for some time. They'll let the market decide when the XBox One should be dropped.
  • Billy101
    Billy101 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Nah man. Be it scorpio or One S. Xbox sucks for me. I will never spent any dime on this machine ever.
  • Billy101
    Billy101 Posts: 48 Forumite
    And btw, people know and they read about the next console or a game. They are always reading.
  • jonmoneybags
    jonmoneybags Posts: 311 Forumite
    PS4 sucks the fat one
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    book12 wrote: »

Why would it disappoint you just because most people haven't heard of it and people aren't interested in getting one (both very subjective statements anyway)?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure