Whats happened to Remegel?

Comments

• Thank you to all those who have made alternative suggestions - but Remagel is the best product I have tried for heqartburn. I don't eat spicy food or eat late, so those things are not the cause of my problem. Remagel IMHO is by far the best remedy on the market. Gaviscon only makes my condition worse and if it was the only product on the market, I definitely would not use it as it causes me to have worse symptoms and causes me great pain as it goes down the oesophagus. The other remedies are not a patch on Remagel and I wish the product company would get their act together and get it back in the supply chain. The people I have recommended it to have all agreed that Remagel is the best they have tried, even my Aussie friends agree. Jerusha
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I work in a pharmacy and I have been aware of this problem for a few weeks. All our suppliers can tell us is that there is a manufacturing issue and they cannot give us a clear date when it will be available. We are ordering it every day so when it finally goes through I'll try and remember to post here.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • Thanks zenseeker, that would be most helpful. :)
  • comnut
    comnut Posts: 16 Forumite
    GustyGardenGalaxy: before you complain about 'dubious sources', why not provide your own???
    If you have any concrete reasons, I will be pleased to see them... :)
    I see you have completely ignored the rest of my post... I am sure
    the companies are keeping quiet to stop any panic about the possible toxicity and dangerous content of remegel...

Just recently a 'casual comment' about petrol caused a 'rationing scare' where there was none at all!!

And Edwina Currie is only remembered for 'poisoned eggs' back in 1988!!
  • comnut
    edited 11 April 2012 at 6:28PM
    Jerusha1948: please make sure that you carefully read the label of products... It may well be the other ingredients of Gaviscon that disagree with you.. Rennie Deflatine has the main ingredients of Remegel, without the 'gum' part..

I suffer from wind and reflux, with a bit of heartburn sometimes, caused by stress.. Deflatine solves most of it.. :)

Rennie soft chews was the one I was using before my local shop decided to stop selling them.
  • comnut
    lloydspharmacy.com HAS SOFT CHEWS!!

well, thats what the website says.... I phoned my local, and she will ring back, when the warehouse is open in the morning! :)
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    comnut wrote: »
    lloydspharmacy.com HAS SOFT CHEWS!!

well, thats what the website says.... I phoned my local, and she will ring back, when the warehouse is open in the morning! :)

Listed on the site as "Out of stock"

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/remegel-24-tablets-original-mint-14583

If the site can't get any you can be sure your store can't either.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • comnut
    :(:(:( ahh well, worth a try....
  • Thanks everyone. My husband finds Remegel to be the only thing that really helps. The telegraph link was most useful and it does appear that it is a licensing issue and will eventually be resolved.
  • Pugly
    Pugly Posts: 1 Newbie
    Is there any news about Remegel? My supply is dwindling and I would dearly love to be able to buy some more. I cannot get on with Gaviscon, the chalky taste of the tablets is really revolting and it gets stuck in your teeth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure