Thursday 3rd December - What Small DFW things will you do today? :D

13»

Comments

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning

CCL
    thank you for starting the thread today. I had written a long reply and some how it disappeared so I need to start again.

Well today started off very wet now the fog has arrived and we can barely see the end of the garden, so no driving as it won't be safe, need to replan my day.

Today I will:

NSD Done
    Post on this thread for support, motivation and inspiration Done
    Open curtains fully Done
    Close curtains before it gets dark Done, not really sure why I bothered opening them today it was so dark/foggy
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use Done
    Find letters so they can go 2nd class Done, OH had put a box on top of them, doh
    Use washable panty liners Done
    B/L/D from stores Done
    Renew library books Done, realised I get 5 weeks to avoid Christmas & new Year, so renewed a few others which weren't due yet but would have ended up with a shorter date as they wouldn't of clashed with the holiday closure
    Check and reconcile bank accounts Done
    Cancel 1 dd as it is no longer needed Done
    Soak porridge overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    Set WM to run overnight
    Place order with wholesaler Done
    Freezer inventory, keep up to date
    Check FPL
    Educate children for free Done
    Entertain children and us for free Done
    Wash hair and leave to dry naturally
    Cut open toothpaste tube
    Read Martin’s email
    Dry washing on airier Done
    Keep heating to a minimum, we have jumpers and blankets Done

I have yet to read today's thread, I plan to catch up later over a cuppa, hope everyone one is safe and well.

Since December started each day has run away from me and I end the day with lots left to do, with the children, round the house, emails to send etc, I am hoping tomorrow to spend a few hours tackling as many of these bits as possible whilst OH takes the children to HE workshop. Then we can start thinking more seriously about our Christmas plans.

Managed to get quiet a few things done and a few more will get done before I send the children to bed, but I will still have a list of things that were meant to be done today that will end up in my virtual pending tray.

Plan to be back later with a final update.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Candy0107
    Candy0107 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Candy Try not to beat yourself up, you realise what you have done and why, draw a line under it and start tomorrow afresh. Is their anything you can return, to recoup some of the damage?

I am quite good at drawing a line under things and moving on.....I have not been too bad:
    Spends:
    • a sausage baguette for brekkie £1.20
    • a large latte £1
    • a sandwich £2
    • a choc bar from the vending machine £0.60

Not too bad, and unfortunately I can't take these back :p so its happened :o

However, I did my usual mse things today do its not all bad :j

Candy xx
    Debts at the start of my journey - about £23,000 lightbulb moment 01.03.2007 (1st payment to CCCS)..Debt Free Date 25.06.2013 Deposit savings £17,000/£30,000
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi All

Lego Mum - not sure which is a bit rubbish of me. I know that at one point I had £6k in my signature. But I can't remember at what point I started this year. Thanks for asking. How many rental places do you have out of interest and has the new tax legislation affected you? We have one BTL and I need to look into it asap.

Welcome back Twiggy :)

Candy - try not to worry yourself too much. The fact you care is a sign you won't get far wrong again.

Jono - you do sound busy.

Well today I made a PAD of £70. Also had a NSD.
    OH put in his dental claim. The £203 we've paid out will be 50% reimbursed which is fantastic and makes me think I should get Denplan too. Although his is paid for by work.

Poor DD had her first jabs. It was really horrible seeing her in pain. They give 2 shots in one thigh and another in the other one (the worst from a pain point of view) and also one oral treatment. We've been warned to expect fever so it could be a choppy night. Watch this space..

Uploaded 2 reciepts to Shoptize/checkoutsmart for the 1p
    Also took readings for the electric/gas and uploaded them
    Checked my banking and updated my spends app.

Think that's it.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Just a quick check back, before I wrap some presents. Want to make sue the smalls are definitely asleep before I start :D managed everything apart from FIL, but now have an idea. Just think I can do it cheaper myself then buy ready dine IYSWIM. Have also filled in application for DD nursery for Jan and posted a review on Tesc0 orchard.

La E - caught up with yesterday's thread no know exactly what you mean about SE. My DH was for 5 years, business was ok, but in later years tailed off (not due to his work level, due to on costs that couldn't be avoided) it was frustrating to say the least. So I feel you pain, sharing the exacts of the finances may well do the trick even if it's just to share the burden. Thinking of you :)
  • Hi everyone :D
    I don't know what it is but every time I say I'm going to try for an early night I seem to end up later than ever. Forgot that it was dd's cheerleading night, and decided to do the shopping while she was there. I'm literally just getting in and getting settled.
    Hope everyone is doing well - Chocolate, thanks for the advice about the cat tablets. I have gotten the vet to show me a couple of times but I just don't have the knack for it yet... :o
    Candy - don't worry. We all have days like that. You should see some of the rubbish that made its way into my trolley this evening...:eek:
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Poor DD had her first jabs. It was really horrible seeing her in pain. They give 2 shots in one thigh and another in the other one (the worst from a pain point of view) and also one oral treatment. We've been warned to expect fever so it could be a choppy night. Watch this space..

Aw Bob - fingers crossed that she just sleeps right through (you never know);)

[STRIKE];) check banking and PAD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE];) reconcile budget[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE];) cover a dance lesson for a colleague :rotfl: :dance:[/STRIKE] It was actually really good. There were only 8 kids in the class - they came in, sorted their music and rehearsed for the full hour without needed me. Gorgeous - I wish I had a class of 8...:cool:
    [STRIKE];) use my very limited free time at work productively[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE];) get some planning for next week done[/STRIKE]
    ;) urgently mark some books
    ;) do not get stressed Failed this one miserably today
    ;) [STRIKE]give dh a list of jobs to do[/STRIKE]
    ;) aim for nsd
    [STRIKE];) all meals from stores[/STRIKE]
    ;) try again for an early night tonight :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    [STRIKE];) research ways to get a cat to take a tablet :eek:[/STRIKE]
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone

CCL - Thanks for starting us off today!

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Quiet day and evening planned, not liking hubby working these shifts, today I will

Packed lunch for DS - Done
    Packed tea for DH - Done
    Read meters & chart - Done
    Ironing - Tomorrow
    Clean mums flat - Done & wrapped a few pressies for her
    Buy sellotape - Done
    Wrap a few pressies - Done
    Write a few cards - Tomorrow
    Look at pressie list and see whats still needed - :eek:
    Bump all sale listings/freecycle/facebook - Done
    Check Banks - Done
    Continue purge on Emails - Done (hard bit is staying on top of it :o)
    Continue decluttering - Done
    Enter a few comps - Done
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check https://www.freepostcodelottery.com - Remember there are now 5 chances to win - Done, not me
    Check Lucky Phone - Done

Have a good day! Love to you all!

C x

Achieved quite a bit today
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income