OH MY GURU COOL RAITA P/TOE CRISPS 150G
    £0.12 £1.79 n/a n/a
    7x
    BARILLA TORTELLINI HAM & CHEESE 225G
    £1.12 n/a n/a n/a
    2x
    KOKA INSTANT NOODLES TOMATO FLAVOUR 85G
    £0.10 n/a n/a n/a

I'd take the Hilife Chews back if I were you and get yourself to M instead!:D (:doh:Will probably cost you more than 25p now to do that.) I think the moral is - never buy anything at full price!:eek::rotfl::rotfl::(:rotfl:

I apologise for the Hilife Chews not being on the list. The 75p price wasn't good enough for me:rotfl:. I have also - just to let people know - now removed some pet food items that were on the list (Avs M) as new versions of the same products have been brought into M (marked "New" on the packets) but which are higher price £1 instead of RTC 25p or 50p. I've also taken away the Tasty Sticks (two versions) that were found at 75p RTC some weeks ago. I have found, what I believe to be, both of those identical products now and they scanned (at SS so that I know it is correct!) at £1 each:(. So, I believe M has been cheeky, yet again on pet food items, and has taken the RTC off and put the items back up in price again:(:(. I think avoid anything marked as "New" as it is always much much more expensive than the clearance items (or clearance version of the items) have been previously. M now has a "new recipe" range of frozen meals, that are slowly replacing, at much higher prices, clearance versions of the products. Those clearance versions are still around in some stores. There are also the Tommee Tippee items that got cleared - one at 50p, only to be replaced by a "new" version at £4.47! So, avoid the whole lot of anything described as "new" IMO:rotfl::rotfl:.

Same with the new "More to share" packs of Cadbury's Fingers - much more expensive on £1 offer than the 25p RTC versions, even allowing for weight. Invariably, though, "new" items are downsized versions of the old and, therefore, should be avoided for that reason - having bought, much cheaper:money:, the clearance version that was somewhat bigger! We saw it before with "new" items in A - I was taking a liking to a "new" item (but maybe as a potential trigger:D) before being told that many of these items were downsized versions of previous ones:(.

"New" is presented as if it is something good for us and is a word that, itself, has positive connotations and therefore useful to marketing. Therefore, for that reason, avoid it and associate it with likely to be downsized version - or otherwise much more expensive - of old and therefore old is infinitely preferable and better.

So, if I see "new" on a SEL now, I immediately think: "But I want the old one:p:p". Not having it - I prefer the old, that is far far better value!

In fact - just avoid anything that is being advertised at all! As it will always be something that the supplier wants you to buy, because it makes them money. Which can only be done by you paying more money than otherwise. The best deals, I think, are the unadvertised ones. Once again, another "promotion" over the instore tannoy yesterday - which immediately made me think "...but this is far worse value than [something else before] which was far cheaper". I never hear about the best prices for us on the tannoys:rotfl::rotfl:. Oh, surprise!

I know, it does take something (strength from within ourselves) to reject and resist it all:D:money:.

Meanwhile, I have now found old-style versions of M Beef Curry & Rice (400g) and M Chicken Curry & Rice (400g) at 77p RTC (they are freezer items). Obviously, if you have the new, or very likely:( only the new, versions in your store they will be much more expensive and avoid those ones! I shall be adding the old versions only to my list:D.

Nonetheless... :idea::D:D if you have a store that only has the RTC price up against the stock, and it's stock is now the new, you may be able to get the new versions for 77p by relying on the unchanged SELs and going to CS. I suspect that I know far more about the prices in M than their staff do (apart from standard things such as McCains Wedges and Cow & Gate steamed meals:rotfl:) and staff may not always realise that the RTC SEL they are putting up relates to an old version of the product whilst the stock on the shelves is the new. (Or else the RTC stock may clear out but they have not yet put up new SELs for the new stock. They should have both prices up, in respect of each different stock, if they have both versions and should keep them in separate places on the shelf to distinguish which is which. Indeed, I had one store that was good and did that:(. However, sometimes:T, they have RTC SEL up but haven't changed it to the higher price now the stock is the new product.)

I could have had a Pocket Calculator at 13p before, because one store had put that up, for an RTC version of the product, when they stocked the 75p 'new' version. However, I'd already got the 13p version elsewhere. I've also had a ruler, a set of exercise books and a double-pack of tape, all at cheap RTC prices, even though I've never found RTC stock, because the stores (different ones each time) only had RTC SELs up and only stocked what appears to me to be a new version on another BC. They'd obviously got the 'wrong' version against the RTC SEL:T. Probably because (at least some) staff don't realise that there's more than one version in existence:rotfl: (particularly if their store only stocks one).

There may be other versions of Curry & Rice that are old versions at 77p in Ms which I have not yet come across.
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    davemorton wrote: »
    Someone was looking for white goods the other day...

20% Off (with code) + FREE Delivery on Large Kitchen Appliances + Free Recycling on ALL Indesit / Hotpoint @ Tesco Direct ie Hotpoint First Edition FETV 60C P Tumble Dryer was £219 now £159 with code it's £127.20 del

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/20-off-with-code-free-delivery-large-kitchen-appliances-free-recycling-indesit-hotpoint-2494220
    That would be me :) Thanks Dave there are a couple on T Direct that I have been looking at elsewhere but with the 20% off T's would be the cheapest :beer:
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Magsta wrote: »
    Afternoon Elite...........
    Popped out of lurking to see if you can help answer a question.

Off on last minute jollies soon and was up for booking the airport lounge. Since June the price has increased £6 for two of us and that's with 10% off.

So here is the question
    Can you drink duty free wine in the airport?

I know you can't on the plane and that you can't take opened bottles onto the flight but I was thinking a cheeky red and some homemade ham rolls and I'd be happy.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
    If it makes any difference I'm flying outside of the EU

I have no idea if you would be allowed to open a bottle in public - but you could take it into the loo and decant it into an empty juice bottle or similar (like fruit shoot bottles). Not quite the same as in a nice glass but OK at a pinch. I expect you'd get away with that if you really wanted a drink.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    He is indeed. I wouldn't fancy taking a shortcut across his field after dark!

Popped into my little T's earlier and the Pizza Express that they ''didn't stock'' during the glitch have suddenly appeared - but just the smaller ones, at 4.50 each. :eek:
    Mine had both sizes:p
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Lol bubbs, neither of mine would. I have a job to persuade them to eat best beef, chicken, etc. They would do a flit if I tried to feed them spam :D

Fussy boogers:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Quiet here tonight:o
  • Lovely looking chap, is he a youngster?

I think he's 2. I was cleaning the kitchen and he was nosing. He's very big, fence wouldn't stop him if we wanted to go
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar :)
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020 :rotfl:
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • I think he's 2. I was cleaning the kitchen and he was nosing. He's very big, fence wouldn't stop him if we wanted to go

I've seen what it takes to really hold bulls, one of our customers keeps some rather valuable studs, I hesitate even walking past their enclosures :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • He is indeed. I wouldn't fancy taking a shortcut across his field after dark!

Popped into my little T's earlier and the Pizza Express that they ''didn't stock'' during the glitch have suddenly appeared - but just the smaller ones, at 4.50 each. :eek:
    They had the big ones back in my local today for £3.50, and still included in the meal deal.
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • bubbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure