Anyone heard of Kitchen Arts

Comments

• fadge
    fadge Posts: 1 Newbie
    frogette12 wrote: »
    I paid by bank transfer too and got a full refund this morning. Not sure if mentioning this site as well as legal action in my e-mail helped...

Here is the last e-mail I got from them.

I have refunded you, I enclose a copy of transfer for your records,
    you should see the funds in your account within 2 hours or less.

I'd like to add, no customer of this business has ever been cheated,
    and nobody has ever been denied a refund. We usually make refunds
    within a hour of so of being requested to do so.

When your parcel arrives I'd ask that you simply refuse it and ask the
    postman to return to sender.

Sincerely,

Michael

Kitchen Arts UK

I too have a feeling I've been ripped off, sent money for a coffee machine. I have emailed asking for a refund and received a reply to say they will notify me when I have been refunded so fingers crossed.
    Can you put up a copy of what you emailed to them. others might have more luck if they send a similar worded email.
  • I wish I had done a bit of research 1st before placing order.

I paid them via bank transfer and bank now states this is as good as giving them cash in pocket.

Please avoid this site like plague, the owners are frauds never respond and very rude.

Hope this update helps others.

Luckily I had not placed a big order. But, have to bite the bullet and re order the item.

avoid KITCHENARTS completely.
  • Mr_Crunch
    Mr_Crunch Posts: 97 Forumite
    Puzzling what this is all about, if there are at least some refunds.

If an organisation you don't trust has your bank account details, it might just be worth checking occasionally that an unauthorised Direct Debit hasn't appeared on your account. It is quite scandalous, but Paperless Direct Debits make that possible, and small debits may get overlooked. (The DD Guarantee should mean that you recover such debits eventually.)
  • kerfya59
    kerfya59 Posts: 8 Forumite
    spkonissis wrote: »
    Dear friends,I have been in direct contact with the owner of 'Kitchen Arts'.
    After writing so much against them and after writing a strong letter to them directly as well, he replied with a pleasant an I believe honest letter immediately offering to refund me in full. He has now refunded me in full by bank transfer directly into my bank account so the money is with me right now!
    He feels terrible that he has let so many people down in one go and says that he has in turn Ben let down by Royal Mail. He has been spending all of yesterday and today replying to emails personally and issuing refunds.
    All you have to do is go to their website and click on the link at the bottom of the page which is for requesting a refund. He will get back to you but as he is doing hundred of emails a day, he just asks for a little patience and her WILL contact you. (Just like he contacted me!).
    I have to say that I spent almost £100, so if he has refunded me unconditionally, I wouldn't worry too much if he will refund those if you who have spent a lot less. I basically told him that all this could have been avoided with just a little communication thus he has put an auto responder on his email just to let you know that he will deal with every case individually and personally.
    He seems to me to be an honest and nice man and after speaking in depth with him, I felt guilty that I jumped to such assumptions so quickly! Please just write to him using his online web form for refunds and he promised to reply and refund anyone who wants a refund.
    It is good news, please take experience and use it for your benefit.
    Best regards and good luck to all of you who are still out if pocket, but I hope I have offered you at least a little comfort in the knowledge that all is not yet lost, and that you will (most probably) get a refund sooner rather than later. Just try the polite approach first as I didn't and I genuinely regret it!
    Regards,

Thanks for this update. Is it possible to pm the address and contact number to me? I have had issues within the last month and have today lodged complaint with actionfraud and contacted thefind / upfront to advise them of use of their logos on such a website.
  • phi11ip
    phi11ip Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 8 March 2013 at 6:15PM
    I risked the website as it was only £50 and despite thinking it could very well be a scam, the fact that Google were referring it through their shopping links pushed me into risking it. Paid by transfer which as everyone has said, is effectively giving someone cash.

With regards to the messages above about refunds being given. I really don't trust them... Surely the bank can just kick the payment back without me having to give them all these details? Plus if he's dealing with hundreds of refunds a day then something has reeeeeeally gone wrong somewhere along the line!

..and as for the guy feeling sorry for everyone and claiming RM let him down? Ha!

Nobody else seems to have noticed this gem either:
    "End of Season Sale Now On!" - Kitchens have seasons, supposedly.
  • Kellygem
    Kellygem Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 8 March 2013 at 7:59PM
    Hi all, I was scammed by Kitchen Arts too. It's heartening to see that refunds have been possible for people who paid by bank transfer, but I must say after my lack of service by Kitchen Arts, I'm not sure I trust them enough to hand over even more details, like my bank account information.

Also, does anyone else feel dissatisfied that after paying for their order, at the end of the day, Kitchen Arts are just giving a refund, because its just too hard to deliver the item/s we have purchased. Honestly, I just want my coffee machine to arrive!! I got it for a bargain price, and if they can't deliver, they why should it be okay for Kitchen Arts to still market that they have it in stock, ready for immediate dispatch, and now whole paragraphs of new info on their website with false promises like "98% of our deliveries make it on time to their destination". That just seems completely false advertising to me!!!!!

I believe it is still fraud at the end of the day, if you take someone's money, allow them to believe for 2-4 weeks that you are going to provide them with a product, and then refund the full amount 1 month later, expecting that there should be complete customer satisfaction??!!!

I paid for a coffee machine, I expect a coffee machine!
    It is not ok in my book for this company to take my money for a month, not deliver, and then offer a full refund, assuming all is forgiven! I just want what I paid for in the first place!!

And tbh I am so cynical now .... these guys have my name, email, phone, address, and if I give them my bank account details for a refund, what's to stop them stealing direct debits from my account, or even identity fraud?? I just cannot trust them ever again!!

One final thought:
    - Someone in an earlier post found that the Kitchen Arts website is hosted by a US company - Energy Enterprise Solutions.
    - What is to stop this company from setting up a website like Kitchen Arts, with no intention of delivering any orders, taking people's money, investing in the short term money market, giving a full refund, and making a ridiculous profit from all the interest, assuming the customer is "all happy again"
    - Think about it: by the number of complaints on here, Kitchen Arts might sell 10 bogus products at £100 each, per day. That's £1000 per day. In a week they make £5000 pounds. Imagine investing £5000 per week and the interest you could make on that money. You refund it all back to the foolish customer after stringing them along for 2-4 weeks, with stories that it got lost, or it's free postage so it takes 15 business days to arrive, so you buy more time before they get suspicious. You then refund their money but keep all the interest!!!

I know the manager seemed sincere to someone in an email.
    I know he "felt bad", but seriously, the cynic in me thinks Thomas Valentine is one very very good SCAM ARTIST.

It is FRAUD to advertise and sell goods you cannot possibly deliver.
    It doesn't matter what the reason is - this is ILLEGAL.
    Even if he gives a refund, he needs to learn that the way he is running his business is CRIMINAL, and he can be prosecuted and jailed for this.
    Don't make online promises about things you cannot possibly deliver!!!

AVOID KITCHEN ARTS.
    AND REFUND OR NOT, report this man's illegal business activities to (www) actionfraud.police.uk
  • Mr_Crunch
    Mr_Crunch Posts: 97 Forumite
    kerfya59 wrote: »
    Thanks for this update. Is it possible to pm the address and contact number to me? I have had issues within the last month and have today lodged complaint with actionfraud and contacted thefind / upfront to advise them of use of their logos on such a website.

They did have a contact address and tel number on their website several weeks ago but took them off a week or so ago. Yet another reason to be suspicious.

The old pages can still be found in Google's cache. The address was:
    Dalton House
    60 Windsor Avenue,
    London,
    SW19 2RR,
    United Kingdom

That's in Merton, SW London. But it is only an accomodation address, (you could get one too http://www.sfsgo.com/london-registered-office-address-service) so it's meaningless.

The tel no was 020 3286 1218. That is a post-2000 London area number and 3286 indicates that it is a Cable and Wireless number. And it can also be a Skype number, in which case it could be anywhere - Lagos, for example!

The story about Royal Mail letting them down has got to be a superficially plausible excuse to string people along. Prices half those of reputable retailers, domain registration using a Vermont address with a United States ISP, no doubt a redirected email address, disappearing accommodation address and phone numbers - these guys are jokers....

As I said in another post, watch out for direct debits appearing on your account later, even if you get a refund....meanwhile you've done the right thing by reporting them.
  • Cliecost
    Cliecost Posts: 633 Forumite
    ML15TH wrote: »
    Yes... but you questioned the legitimacy of this site (thank you for doing that) 7 months ago.

How the hell have they been ripping people off for SEVEN MONTHS that's what I want to know.

I can't believe how many people have been ripped off!

The price was so much cheaper, alarm bells went off so I tried to contact them and no email so that's when I thought I'd do some research and found nothing on them, no even a phone number, plus the bank transfer nonsense which is a HUGE no lol.

So many people don't realise how few rights you have with bank transfers.
  • I've just registered on this site to hopegully stop others from making the same expensive mistake I have just made. I ordered a toater and kettle on 22 February, neither of which have turned up. There was only a bank transfer option so I won't be getting my £80 back I'm sorry to say. I just mortified I fell for this scam. I just saw what a bargain my goods were and went for the payment by bank transfer stupidly. I did get emails initially, confirmation of receipt of payment and replies to my emails asking whether the goods had been dispatched after a week of ordering. On 1/3/13 'Michael' replied stating that my goods were in the post. he goods still haven't turned up and several further emails have not been replied to. I can't find an address or telephone number now that I have revisited their website and I have noticed lots of spelling and grammatical errors on there. ******AVOID THIS BOGUS SITE *****
  • ML15TH
    ML15TH Posts: 9 Forumite
    Cliecost wrote: »
    I can't believe how many people have been ripped off!

The price was so much cheaper, alarm bells went off so I tried to contact them and no email so that's when I thought I'd do some research and found nothing on them, no even a phone number, plus the bank transfer nonsense which is a HUGE no lol.

So many people don't realise how few rights you have with bank transfers.

A parcel turned up yesterday, as I have been refunded I did refuse the parcel (that was one of the conditions of the refund) , so I don't know what was in the parcel, but it was the correct box and weight. Interestingly it was postmarked 2 weeks ago.

I don't really know what to think now, initially I thought it was an outright scam, then I was refunded without too much effort (and reading through here so it seems have most everybody who asked for a refund) and now a parcel arrived that was sent well before my refund.

Just thinking out of the box here, is it possible that they are genuine and had a genuine problem with a batch of post ???

I read that people feel they are cheated even after getting a full refund, and people who file complaints with the police and fraudwatch etc after getting a full refund... now here is a thought, if they are genuine and just having a hard time, won't all these complaints end up with them going out of business? If they do, will people still get refunded ??

I think that these people are seriously dodgy, but scams don't usually involve refunds, nor do products usually arrive if its a scam.. could it just be that the only people who say anything are the ones who have a problem??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure