Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Comments

• Today's update is a bit late, I have been so busy.

DD had her party so it has been a very expensive day.

I wrapped the ebay parcels and posted them, woo I had charged enough to cover postage so profit of £19.75 after all fees etc. This is the amount of my PAD today.

Went to supermarket to buy cake, napkins etc - spent £11.??. Had birthday party, only 7 children so cost £69.65. While I was at the party I was reminded by another parent of a party the next day so after DD's party finished had to pop back to supermarket for card and present. I also picked up some bread and cereal - spent £19.??.

Funniest thing is I had left my bank card at home, so had to withdraw cash on the one I am saving the House Costs in. Came home and tried to transfer the money back and my card reader went wrong 3 times so was chucked off online banking. Had to ring bank and be reset and the lady transferred the money for me!! All this hassle for no good reason. Memo to self - check purse and bank cards before leaving house!!

No surveys done yet but will do scratchy now.

Oh just remembered also brought food for DH and I at party - another £8 odd.

Yesterday was very good day food wise as used up some more red cabbage in coleslaw - only 1.5 red cabbages left now!!
    Also cooked up some squishy apples and have frozen them ready for crumble some time.

EE
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't be jealous, it is such hard work!!

We used to have a 25 egg incubator but DH bid on a 50 egg one by accident(!) so I made him sell his old one.

DH is a !!!!!! because he will slip eggs in without me knowing and when I realise it is too late to take them out as they are already forming.

This year we are hoping to hatch all our own turkeys instead of buying. Last year we hatched 8 ourselves and brought the rest as day olds.

Not sure if this will work as the fertile eggs sell on ebay for loads so it may be more profitable to sell all the eggs and buy the day olds in again!!

I am sorry you are having problems with extra land, neighbours can be an !!!!! sometimes!! :mad:

EE

Might be hard work but I'd love it. There are plenty of people about who sell eggs via other means than Flea bay because its soo expensive to box and post eggs. £1 per fertile pure breed hen egg is about normal here, I've a feeling fertile turkey eggs will be double that around April which is when I assume you'll be hatching.

Don't envy you all the poop a scooping though. Mine make enough mess and there are only 16 of them at the mo (down from 40 odd a while back). The most geriatric of which is a rather robust 8 year old named Catherine who refuses to die. The kids name everything. Even the lambs in the freezer from the riding school are named Snowball and Hector. With S and H written on the joints.

Glad you enjoyed your DDs party. Have managed to persuade my two that going out to a posh restaurant is far more grown up (and half the cost) although they'd much rather have Chinese take-out and spend ages choosing dishes.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Last year fertile Turkey eggs were selling on ebay for £25 for 6!!

We are sticking with 2 breeds this year, Narrangansett & Crollwitzer which are quite unusual so hoping to make some money from them.

I seem to get out of cleaning the chickens out because as long as the weather is nice DH will spend a morning cleaning them out while I do the housework - I think it's quite a fair swap.

EE
  • Not much to report today.

Had a NSD as not been to any shops but did have to pay Barclaycard minimum payment.

PAD of £5.00.

Have put about 10 items on ebay so hopefully these will sell.

Have done 2 x scratchy (60p won) but not caught up with surveys, hopefully will have time to do them tomorrow.

Defrosted cooked turkey and did this with a roast, using up some more of the Xmas veg. Still lots more left though!!
    EE
  • Sorry guys, not here yesterday due to extra day in work plus meeting in the evening.

Nothing interesting happening here at the moment, quite a few watchers on ebay plus a bid of £4.99 on one item.

Had to make a double PAD today of £2.00.

Not much money at the moment as not yet claimed my expenses for voluntary work, need to do this either tomorrow or Thurs.

£35 spent at Asda tonight on food for packed lunches plus freezer things and tinned toms!!

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

EE
  • Been MIA for a few days as been so busy trying to catch up with surveys etc.

Some good news regarding the savings - I paid the estate agent £460 as I thought the fee was £230 per person, it turns out the fee was £230 per form (now increased to £235 due to VAT increase) so they are going to bank the cheque so I now have £225 towards the deposit.

I will use this as my PAD amount for the last few days.

Some bad news is that I need to find £1300 for 2 months deposit and then a month up front so a total of £1950.

I have got £438 in the account at the moment plus the £225 which makes £663 so that's one month sorted.

The things on ebay are going ok and something is over £20 already with 2 days to go.

DH's ebay things have finished but cannot remember the amounts - will check and post tomorrow.

Spends have been quite low this week, got more bread for ducks/geese = £10 plus £3.00 on sweets/drinks for panto.

Will need to buy washing tablets over the weekend plus DS has a bowling party tomorrow and all of us are going so will have to get food while out.

Been doing Butlins Bingo every day and caught up with all surveys. Also signed up to Indiefield - saw someone else mention them so have signed up.

Think that's it for now

Hope everyone is ok

EE
  • Hi me again!!!

Sorry too busy to post yesterday or the day before.

Had a lovely day Saturday catching up with friends not seen for years. Present given was some things I had left over from Xmas presents when I brought too much. While we were out I brought one round of drinks £6.60 and food for me and DH - £8.40.

Rushed home and got changed and had to nip out to collect straw and corn for chickens - cost £18.80. Was absolutely chucking it down so had definitely made right decision about not clearing them out until Sunday.

Had tea out as my favourite chip shop family have opened up again closer to my house so of course I had to go and try it. Cost £10.20. Absolutely gorgeous just like always.

Sunday was such a gorgeous day, cleaned out the chickens and geese on the field and the chickens and cats back home.
    Had lunch and then popped to see relatives.
    Went to Asda for bits - spent £22.49 (should have been £40+ but used a gift card up)

Cheque for rental application form has gone through today so now I know where I stand with money etc.

PAD of £5.00 today, wanted to do more but having problems with my card reader for internet banking.

You will all remember the hassle from the other Saturday about transferring money from my Co-op account. Well I tried to pay my rent this morning and it kept coming up with an error. Rung the internet banking line and was told that I have to go to a cash machine and unlock the card reader. Grrr Just wish the other lady had told me that the other week.

Will be going into town today so will try to sort that out.

Ebay finished, can't remember how much everything went for but will give update once I have posted items.

Still been doing scratchcard and have now caught up with all surveys.

Going to work shortly so will take some thing to charity shop and before I go I will put chilli on in the slow cooker. (DH & I have decided that we will set the slow cooker every morning so when we get back in the evenings the food will be there waiting and we won't be too tired to cook and just have junk food or nothing at all)

EE
  • God, things are going from bad to worse.

I had a phone call from Barclaycard just before I left for work to say that my payment from the December statement had not been made.
    I was sure I had logged into my Abbey account and there wasn't enough money so I remember paying it through the Co-op account so I asked them to call me back after I had checked my account.

I checked my account when I got to work and the payment was not there and when Barclaycard rung back I was in a meeting.

I called them when I got back home and made the missing payment from my DH's card as I have no money left.

I asked about my 0% offer being taken off as I had a missed payment and I have been told to call back in 2 days.

I lost my promotional rate a couple of months ago when I missed a payment but after loads of begging they let me have it back but I am not sure if they will again. Grrr!!

I am so stressed at the moment, the house is a mess, the credit card bills are all over the place, and I still have to find the money to move.

Still not sure what will happen to the house we are in at the moment and now I am worried that I won't get a mortgage as I now have another missed payment.

I wish my life was easier!!!

On the plus side I did take a bag of things to the charity shop yesterday, couldn't take anything today as had bag of eggs.
    Tomorrow I am taking all the ebay parcels to the PO so won't be able to take anything tomorrow.
    I have had a request for some items of Freecycle which I posted ages ago so hopefully if they go it will clear a large space.

Chilli in the slow cooker did tea for 4 last night and I then reheated it tonight and served it with rice and chips for 4 again. Quite a frugal meal!!

Hoping that tomorrow will be better and hopefully I will get some filing done so I know where I am at.

EE
  • Oooh me again.

Have just done scratchcard for today, done some surveys but a few left.

NSD today but yesterday I spent £30 for DD's school dinners, owing from last term and some from this term.

Also have to pay for the pantomine from the other day - so tomorrow I should only spend £20. (Hopefully - fingers crossedxxx)

EE
  • Sorry you're having such a carpy time E_E, it seems there are quite a few of us! I was gonna take you up on your offer of the pm, but as you're having such a sheeite time, I'll leave it couple of days

((hugs))

Sx
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure