Barclaycard potential new features

Options
Existing customers should get a survey by email regarding Barclaycard introducing one of the following new features for their cards, and tell them what you think about it:
  • Getting 0% for 3 months on any purchases of £150 or more made with a Barclaycard.
  • Paying a fee of 1% on purchases of £150 or more made with a Barclaycard and then benefiting from 6 months at 0%.
  • Getting 1% cashback on all purchases made on a Barclaycard of £150 or more rather than any 0% period.
  • A buyback guarantee where after a year, Barclaycard would guarantee to buy back items purchased using a Barclaycard for 50% of the original purchase cost.
  • Extended warranty for purchases made on their Barclaycard - an extension of 1 year to the manufacturer’s warranty

It's good that they are considering adding some features with the card.

I hope they implement the option 3 - 1% cashback.

Comments

• Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    book12 wrote: »
    Existing customers should get a survey by email regarding Barclaycard
    How do you know this? Do you work for Barclaycard?
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    Chino,

I don't work for them.

I have an acount with them and got an email about the above in my mailbox today.
  • Gouki7851
    Options
    I get 1% back on most purchases anyway, so for me the 6 months on purchases over 150 would be awesome (basically my weekly food shop) I am with barclaycard but don't appear to have received this email?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I assume that Barclaycard have emailed a small proportion of their customers and not all of their customers. I have also not received an email, but like you I am happy with my 1% cashback.
  • Richey_
    Richey_ Posts: 334 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 10:18AM
    Options
    It's a survey of potential ideas, the majority if which do not come to fruition.
    Tonnes of us get these emails, Barclaycard are just testing the water for possible new ideas

:T :T :beer: :T :T

ps OP Amex Everyday Cashback Credit card offers 1% on everything not just over £150 and has no annual fee. I've pretty much stopped using Barclaycard as Amex far better deal, I would imagine they are trying to compete with that
  • FluroFrancis
    Options
    Richey_ wrote: »
    It's a survey of potential ideas, the majority if which do not come to fruition.
    Tonnes of us get these emails, Barclaycard are just testing the water for possible new ideas

:T :T :beer: :T :T

ps OP Amex Everyday Cashback Credit card offers 1% on everything not just over £150 and has no annual fee. I've pretty much stopped using Barclaycard as Amex far better deal, I would imagine they are trying to compete with that

Barclaycard also do an amex card with 1% cashback on everything (that comes with a visa with 0.5% cashback for backup)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure