June 2011 Brides

Options

Comments

• TamVilla80
    Options
    I need a kick up the backside too! Haven't really done much for a few weeks except look on here to hang around and see what everyone else is doing.
    Bit stuck on florists. Had a quote which was way too expensive (don't understand how a bunch of flowers can cost £15, but then to use half of them and magic them into a posy, it suddenly becomes over £70?!) and have got no inspiration for table centrepieces, I got a bit bored with flowers after that.
    Hope everyone is ok!
  • Blade26
    Blade26 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    My caterer emailed me today and cancelled our booking, has decided to close her business apparently :mad: how unprofessional to not even phone!!

The upside is that my OH works from home and has a fair bit of spare time at the moment so he is now the wedding planner :j

Blade26
    :heart2:Married my Mr White on 24th June 2011:heart2:
  • curlylou1986
    curlylou1986 Posts: 375 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2010 at 4:43PM
    Options
    Hey everyone - i just wanted to post on here and say a MASSIVE thankyou to you all for listening with my plans and help and advice, it has been lovely getting to know you since march when me and OH first set our wedding date.
    However as i found out last friday that i was pregnant we have had a lot of thinking to do... head has been in overdrive and completly confuddled! Baby is due 1st June, so wedding on the 24th is pushing it really... had to think worse case scenario; over due etc.
    So me and OH have decided to move the wedding forward to April 15th! Its for the best, and we cant really do it sooner other wise we wont be able to save up for things.
    We are taking massive cut backs on rings and few other bits, so wont be able to have the ones we first picked, but its OK... we got other things we need to be buying!!

Thankfully all in all only really lost about £40 of things from vista print with the date on - everything else has been switched over no problems.
    (my brochures came other day and they are amazing and highly recomend if anyone wants something like that!)

I not sure if there are any other ladies on here who has the same date we had - but i have a ladies tshirt with bridesmaid on it and the date that i cant use anyt more - the other things have names on so cant do much with them, but if any one wants the tshirt then you are more than welcome just PM me about it!

Any way i have run on enough - will be popping back to see how you are all doing and to say hi, i hope that the ladies of you that have lost your flow find it again soon... pick something else to focus on rather than flowers or something else if you can focus on - mking invitations, ordering thankyou presents, etc?

Hope you are all ok and having a lovely weekend,

thankyou once again for everything

xxx Louise xxxx
    :heart2:Married my Prince Charming on 15th April 2011 - perfect day!

Our little princess born 8th June - she is amazing!! :grinheart

Honeymoon Disney World Florida - Jan 2012!
  • TamVilla80
    Options
    You can still come back and visit us! Glad you got sorted and have made plans that work out better for the three of you! Congratulations and good luck x
  • Emma1988
    Emma1988 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Curly lou, its been fab chatting to you. and i wish you all the happiness in the world. Please come back and say hello, and show us your wedding piccies... the folks on the april board are lucky to have you! Take care of you and the bump x
  • Emma1988
    Emma1988 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Tam, did you see the link i put on for that dress? xxx
  • TamVilla80
    Options
    I hadn't, but I have now! That is lovely, really nice detail. I hadn't been on that site before but its a good one, thanks!

Is everyone else have weird wedding related dreams? Even my oh had one last night - my bridezilla vibes must be rubbing off on him, lol
  • LaurensMummy
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Please can I join the thread?.

I am getting married on Sat 18th June 2011 - thought we better do the right thing after having a baby first!, been together nearly 15yrs so much awaited!

Only planning on a small ceremony at the local registry office for our closest family (9 of us) then maybe a meal, then followed by a big evening reception at our local club for approx 150 guests.

Hoping to do it all on a budget of £1000, so far only booked the ceremony (£67), just looking at a few venues and need to book the disco (our friend is a dj!), and my mums friend is a caterer!.

Can't wait, hoping it will be quiet simple to arrange as it's only on a small scale :D
  • TamVilla80
    Options
    Hi LaurensMummy - welcome :)
  • misscoupon
    Options
    Welcome LaurensMummy, we're wedding twins :beer:
    :grinheart It's Mrs Coupon now - saving and comping my way to a brighter future :grinheart
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure