MoneySaving Poll: Do you agree with the 5p charge for carrier bags?

12346»

Comments

• From the store feedback received this morning, a lot more people say now they will be buying only basic essential items and less of that too as fewer people who live locally now drive to the shops.

I guess it can only be a good thing. No more buying bulky or heavy items like tins or bags of crisps etc and no freezer goods.

As one woman put it 'if it doesnt fit into my own little bag, out it comes' :T:T
  • We've had it in Scotland for some time now and it really isn't a big deal at all. I was surprised to see the hashtag plastic bags on Twitter the other day with everyone making a bit of a fuss about the change in England.

Either you take a bag with you or don't; if you choose not to or if you forget then you pay five pence. Most of us can afford five pence without any problems. It really is very simple. To be honest, "Plastic bag usage in Wales reduced by 70% since the charges began" is the all you need to say, as far as I'm concerned, I'm yet to hear a valid argument against it.
  • It's halirous how many people have complained about it, then said "you can get around it just by bringing your own bags with you"... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure