Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Mortgage-Free Wannabe > PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diar... (Page 20)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary!
Views: 26,961
# 381
poorbutrich
Old 23-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanked 5,454 Times in 1,070 Posts

My "make £10 challenge" is seriously flagging - I went out to lunch yesterday with someone I hadn't seen for a while and spent A FORTUNE on food, parking and petrol!

I then came back to find that am4zon has rejected some of my books for trade in - boo.

To redeem myself, I've signed up for Swagbucks. Quite excited to see what that's about!
Overpay!
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to poorbutrich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 382
mouche
Old 17-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanked 3,972 Times in 638 Posts

Hi pbr...haven't heard from you in some time. Hope all is well?
The Following User Says Thank You to mouche For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 383
poorbutrich
Old 21-04-2014, 2:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi Mouche
I've been posting on your diary! I've had nothing MSE to put on mine! I need to earn more money and stop spending so much. To be fair, I've got our weekly food budget right down and we've started growing our own veg, but I am on good terms with my overdraft and haven't made a mortgage OP for some time.

Just surviving at the moment. Hopefully things will pick up soon - hope you're all having a good Easter!
Overpay!
The Following User Says Thank You to poorbutrich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 384
mouche
Old 22-04-2014, 9:51 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi pbr...sorry yes, I have seen your posts on my diary - was just being nosey about what you've been up to! Congrats on growing your own. I'm afraid my thumbs are anything but green. The only green thing I can't kill i s weeds
# 385
poorbutrich
Old 25-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hello! Long time no see. Your hair looks great like that!!

I doubt anyone noticed I've been away for weeks and weeks. I didn't even notice myself until I looked up and realised it's JULY next week!

I've been working, working, working. Working for a company during the day, enlisted by my friend who asked me to come and join the team on a temp basis, but still here two months later; and then working for myself in the evening. Who needs sleep when there's a mortgage to overpay!

I was worried that my friendship might suffer owing to working with her five days a week. I may have mentioned on here that I don't have many friends, so I have to take care not to jeopardise the friendships I do, but things seem to be ok between us, thus far!

I managed to make my first OP today in AGES which I'm really happy about so the hours of work feel worth it tonight. I still have a lot of catching up to do from leaving work to look after DS, but making an OP feels great. I feel a bit like I'm on a treadmill at the moment; each time my pay cheque comes in, it goes straight out again - mostly on nursery! So it felt very gratifying tonight to make an OP - even if I had completely forgotten how to do it and had to call the mortgage provider for help!

Great to have a nosey at all the inspirational people on the mortgage boards - a bit of MSE has given me a massive kick to ensure I make another OP before I look up again and discover it's Christmas!
Overpay!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poorbutrich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 386
starnac
Old 26-06-2014, 9:27 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Thanked 19,022 Times in 3,893 Posts

Hey PBR. Nice to see you again. I'm glad you like my hair. I haven't washed it today

Yay to OPing

I'm glad you are happy where you are working and your friendship is still good. Always a hard one that. She must have thought you were good or she wouldn't have asked you.

Welcome back to MSE. I'll put the kettle on
Pay debt off by Christmas 2014 #87 £3,219.18/£9,827.73
Make £10 a day in July #5 £39.46/£250
Sealed Pot Challenge #307
The Following User Says Thank You to starnac For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 387
mouche
Old 26-06-2014, 9:40 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Yay! You're back - of course I noticed you haven't been around but I guessed you must be busy. And it seems you've been much busier than I thought! Good news about the job and GREAT news about the OP! Hope you will be around here more now pbr - I missed you!
# 388
poorbutrich
Old 18-07-2014, 4:04 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Nearly a month since my last post - what is the matter with me! More work, work, work. A couple more OPs too, which are slowly becoming addictive.

The good thing about being so busy is that there's no time to spend, although the more tired you are, the more likely you are to be tempted by a takeaway or a sandwich rather than cooking or bringing lunch. I've tried to combat that by buying lots of frozen food for "emergencies".

Hope you're all enjoying the summer -I'm going to try to make another OP over the weekend!
Overpay!