Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• Urgh, first day back to work after getting my bfp on Friday and discover my boss has arranged for me to travel away for work for 2 nights 3 days, right bang smack when I'd arranged my first midwife app:( I did kind of ask how set were the dates for the away visit. But he wasn't having it and I couldn't exactly tell him my reluctance! So I've had to rearrange my midwife to the following week :( quite disappointed.

I'm known for loving my food but for past 3 days I've had no appetite and am just picking at what's put down in front of me. It's raising some eyebrows, but have just said I'm coming down with the cold or something. My OH is cutting up fruit and veg so i can snack healthy bless him.
  • Gelly123
    Gelly123 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh no fresh start, how frustrating about having to move the MW appt. My GP didn't mention the MW at all when I saw her this morning - if you're consultant led, do you see both or just the consultant?

You could possibly be going down with something to be honest - there is so much doing the rounds at the moment and it's hit me this afternoon pretty bad - had a session of about 30 sneezes and now I feel totally bunged up and horrible - just want to go home to sleep.

Anybody have any symptoms at 4+3 or is that just too early?
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
  • Gelly yay to being due date twins! Congratulations on your pregnancy ! I hope I'm not coming down with the cold, how miserable! I have no symptoms other than being very tired the past few days (nodding off whilst watching TV!) when I was lazing about at home. But now I'm back at work I seem to be doing ok. Just off my food a bit.
  • There are certain foods I usually love that I totally cannot face at the moment, but overall its not been too bad.

Had my work Christmas meal yesterday- had selected cheesecake for pudding- but when it arrived it looked more like mousse on a biscuit base (no way was it cheesecake)- so I just ate the base as I was worried that if it was mousse it would have raw eggs in it- my colleague was like 'its nice, just eat it', I was like 'no, its not cheesecake'- I couldn't really explain my concern as to why I wasn't eating it!! Luckily I tend to be a bit fussy anyway so I don't think anyone was too suspicious!!

I have a cold and it doesn't seem to be shifting, had it for well over a week and its so frustrating I can't take much.

Tooth all sorted- was nice being this so close to Christmas that I didn't have to pay!!
  • pm04gn
    pm04gn Posts: 280 Forumite
    Gelly123 wrote: »
    Oh no fresh start, how frustrating about having to move the MW appt. My GP didn't mention the MW at all when I saw her this morning - if you're consultant led, do you see both or just the consultant?

You could possibly be going down with something to be honest - there is so much doing the rounds at the moment and it's hit me this afternoon pretty bad - had a session of about 30 sneezes and now I feel totally bunged up and horrible - just want to go home to sleep.

Anybody have any symptoms at 4+3 or is that just too early?

Gelly - you're likely to have care from both consultant and inbetween with a community midwife for the routine bp and wee checks. Unless you are really high risk and need to be seen often in hospital in which case they will cover the MW stuff.
    My reflux started at around 4 weeks and has got steadily worse. I also had the odd funny pain behind my belly button. So it's not too early. My DH did ask if I was imagining it at first, I firmly told him no!
  • My favourite skinny jeans were a bit tight this morning!! Luckily I do have some others but they aren't as nice as my favourite ones!!

Can't believe I still have another week to go before my scan, really wish it was sooner as I'm feeling so anxious about it.

PM- my OH thought I was imagining my extra tiredness, headaches etc, luckily he soon realised that I wasn't and to stop questioning whether it was really pregnancy related!!
  • pm04gn
    pm04gn Posts: 280 Forumite
    ThinkPink wrote: »
    My favourite skinny jeans were a bit tight this morning!! Luckily I do have some others but they aren't as nice as my favourite ones!!

Can't believe I still have another week to go before my scan, really wish it was sooner as I'm feeling so anxious about it.

PM- my OH thought I was imagining my extra tiredness, headaches etc, luckily he soon realised that I wasn't and to stop questioning whether it was really pregnancy related!!

Comments like that are bound to get them in trouble, silly boys. I think he can't believe it's real yet, once he's seen something on the 8 week scan I think it'll hit home.

Ended up telling my boss today in my 6 month review, hadn't decided going in but thought it would be important in negotiating the job plan change that's come up. She was pleased but not at all surprised, although she thought she had me for another year at least. She asked if she could tell the other consultant involved in my job change, I've said yes but I'm not that keen. I really don't get on with the other consultant but needs must. They better both keep their mouths shut.
  • I told my boss and swore her to secrecy- but she later told me she had already told her boss, as she has an idea for my maternity cover. I was worried- I'm quite new to my role, so what if the new person is better etc- but then I realised even if they were and even if they didn't want to go back to their current role its really not my concern- my job is still my job and I will be returning and to that role (:rotfl:I'm actually in HR so know my stuff about returning from maternity leave etc, but it doesn't always make me think rationally when its myself involved!!)

I really hope no one else has been told as there are certain people that I'm not sure would keep it to themselves and it wouldn't take long for it to get out!!

My OH didn't really believe it until he saw it at the scan, and that's the first time I think he realised how much he wants this all to go ok- the reality set in I think.
  • Hi all :)

I told my boss and after my deputy's reaction to me being sick on Friday it's clear she knows (although she didn't openly say) which has made me quite cross as I told my boss in confidence and told her nobody else in the world knew apart from me and OH. I have a sneaky suspicion my deputy has also told my line manager.

Another lady who has been helping out at work with the view to starting after xmas has been gossiping about lots of people quite unkindly and then started about me saying she thinks the reason I was sick at work is because I'm pregnant. I wouldn't care but I don't know her, and she doesn't know the people she was saying it to! So I need a witty comment to say back when she says that she already knew - any ideas?!
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I was only sick once last week I've just been dry retching again and bringing up water. No tea though which is weird lol...
    9 + 2 weeks ... Sigh. Cancelling going to the inlaws for christmas it's just not safe to travel like this and they are 5 hours away!
    God knows what we will do on the day with jsut the 3 of us though. Barely worth cooking. Hmmm ...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback