Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 6 December 2017 at 1:21PM
    Maman I tend to use Tesco Cumberland sausages as they're not too thick but definitely a bit thicker than a chipolata. I find they taste OK.

As we'll be at DD2s for Christmas day I'm sure there will be some treats but it's only once a year so why not. Will definitely be some wine syns consumed as well, although planning on sticking to shorts between now and Christmas as hoping to get back to at least target as currently at top end. Hoping for a lb loss tomorrow at least! but we will see.

Off to make soup for lunch and then after lunch will make the chicken curry to reheat later. Couldn't get any plain mini naan breads so had to get garlic & coriander so will probably be a few extra syns but I've got them in hand so no problem.

Denise
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,785 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    Are you planning to have any Christmas treats or are you giving them a miss this year and staying within syns? I generally buy some chocolate marzipan and cherry liqueurs for me but have avoided it so far. What are the rest of you doing?This is getting a bit long. Will post menu separately.:)

I've bought two bars of dark chocolate from LIDL (I only meant to buy one but couldn't decide between the one with dried red fruits or the one with orange peel). I reckon if I ration myself between Christmas Eve and New Year it shouldn't be too bad. It's only the two of us for Christmas and we don't make a lot of fuss about Christmas so I'm hoping it won't be too expensive syns-wise.

I might take the opportunity to dig out some of the pre-SW party food packs we have in the freezer (tempura prawns etc) and have those as a treat.

I rarely drink any more so I can afford to have the odd treat food-wise !
  • p00hsticks wrote: »
    Yay! Well done - I was only thinking of you yesterday as I remember you posting a few weeks back when you were starting and hadn't heard from you since. That's a really good loss, glad it;s working for you. Did you get the books in the end ?

I didn't get the books yet, I have a few sat in my Amazon basket but i'm still just sort of winging it so I guess i'm not really doing a true slimming world diet, just using their "what you can eat" lists as guides.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!

I didn't get the books yet, I have a few sat in my Amazon basket but i'm still just sort of winging it so I guess i'm not really doing a true slimming world diet, just using their "what you can eat" lists as guides.

Well done. If it's working for you, I reckon stick with it for now.
    really pleased to hear that the new drugs seem to suit you better kathrynha.:A

Not suiting me better unfortunately, just reducing one side effect. New drugs are reducing effectiveness of pain meds, and I feel badly hungover most of the time :cry:

Determined to not let it get the better of me though

A couple of Christmas questions:
    • I want to make up Pigs in Blankets for the freezer. Any advice on tasty, low syn sausages? I generally eat Sainsbury's but thought chipolatas might be better.
    • Are you planning to have any Christmas treats or are you giving them a miss this year and staying within syns? I generally buy some chocolate marzipan and cherry liqueurs for me but have avoided it so far. What are the rest of you doing?
    This is getting a bit long. Will post menu separately.:)

Pigs in blankets I can't help with. Not allowed sausages or bacon :(

Christmas treats I will definitely be having though, and stuff the syns!
    I'm facing a Christmas where I can't have alcohol, chocolate, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, mince pies, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, gravy or sprouts. I'm thinking I deserve something nice. I will be making a batch of gingerbread, and get a box of giant haribo cola bottles and I don't care how much I eat. I will of course share with my family.
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your ball Mrs R :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Well done. If it's working for you, I reckon stick with it for now.

Not suiting me better unfortunately, just reducing one side effect. New drugs are reducing effectiveness of pain meds, and I feel badly hungover most of the time :cry:

Determined to not let it get the better of me though

Wish you well with that really I do.
    I dont envy you.
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Think i too am on damage limitation until January.
    Dont expect to loose anything but would really hope to not have a big gain.
    Up to me really.

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    Up to me really.

You're so right! (as always).:A
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Up to me really.

Think my whole SW group is like this :)
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    I am having what i want xmas day but still got to be careful because of sugar, then hopefully eating normal after that, i will buy 1 tub chocs:p
    I bought a new tunic dress today:j:j and im pleased to say i look quite slim in it:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure