ebay restricting choice of carriers now

2»

Comments

• Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As a buyer this is not helpful to me.

I'm at work all day so look for RM deliveries as they are taken to the sorting office where I can collect up to 8pm in the evening. I will risk Hermes for a low value item but have had trouble with other carriers in the past.

If I can't see what method of post people are going to be using it will put me off buying.

Not sure what your beef is - as indicated above, the seller (private or business) can specify the method of delivery.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Iammumroone, my advert is now fixed following getting access to the proper sell page.

So specifically lists hermes and special delivery as options now for my buyer, instead of me having to put in the description.
  • Chrysalis
    edited 5 December 2017 at 6:52AM
    I just noticed when viewing my ad, click and collect from argos is available yet I have not added that as a delivery option, any idea why?

Fixed the argos, seems it was ticked although I never ticked it specifically.

Hermes seems uncompetitive now days.

Having to charge £8 for hermes vs £11.50 for special delivery. Considering the difference between the two I would expect a bigger price gap.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    I just noticed when viewing my ad, click and collect from argos is available yet I have not added that as a delivery option, any idea why?

Fixed the argos, seems it was ticked although I never ticked it specifically.

Hermes seems uncompetitive now days.

Having to charge £8 for hermes vs £11.50 for special delivery. Considering the difference between the two I would expect a bigger price gap.

Hermes and Special Delivery cannot be compared at all and even if they could some people would not pay 10p difference.

Why aren't you using UPS via Shutl? That is less than £6 for up to 10kg and is 24 hour (depending on when you drop it off).
  • Chrysalis
    Because I dont want to drop it off, I want pickup from my door.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure