Has anyone ordered from the Ugg Australia website? (sizing question!)

I'm trying to help a friend out on this one, I'm trying to help a friend out but this is actually beyond me- I've let her know I've posted it on here and hope someone can help her/us out!

A friend wants to order a pair of Ugg boots. Normally she is a size UK 6. She has tried on Uggs, earlier this year, the one's with the label saying 6.5 fitted her best she says.
But following their chart she'd be a requesting UK size 4....there is no way on this Earth she is a size UK 4!
https://www.ugg.com/uk/sizing-information.html

Has anyone ordered from the Ugg UK site before? Can anyone remember how the size conversions work in real life?

Comments

• a1969baby
    a1969baby Posts: 149
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 30 November 2017 at 2:49PM
    I have numerous pairs of UGGS, I'm a size UK 6-6.5 and the size on the label is 7.5. Your friend could try the 6.5 but I find that the fluffy lining makes them quite tight, and I have wide feet. They do loosen over time though.

Have just looked at the sizing guide on the website - just order whatever size she usually is and they will send her the correct size boot.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 30 November 2017 at 2:54PM
    a1969baby wrote: »
    I have numerous pairs of UGGS, I'm a size UK 6-6.5 and the size on the label is 7.5. Your friend could try the 6.5 but I find that the fluffy lining makes them quite tight, and I have wide feet. They do loosen over time though.

That's what we couldn't work out though- yes she does need what the label reads as larger (so the label on her size 6 feet need to read 6.5 she says) but using the website's sizing list, if she were to order what reads 6.5 on the label she'd need to order a UK size 4....this doesn't seem right- she cannot be a size 4. My feet are smaller than hers, I had Uggs back in 2005 and they were from the US, I had a size 5.5. This was a size 6 I'd ordered....we can't get our heads around her needing to order a size 4. Her feet are larger than mine.

She's not ordered Uggs before so wasn't sure on what to order as her normal size is a UK 6, she needs the label inside to say 6.5. But she'd tried them on in a UK store (House of Fraiser) didn't buy them there as she found a better offer online apparently- if she's supposed to go by the box size or the label size or her UK size...they've made a complete hash of it IMO. I even asked in an Ugg store yesterday for her- the store staff gave conflicting answers and they worked there!
  • PS. have a look at

https://www.mandmdirect.com/02/fts/?search=ladies+uggs

They've got some great deals on at the moment :D
  • jenniewb wrote: »
    That's what we couldn't work out though- yes she does need what the label reads as larger (so the label on her size 6 feet need to read 6.5 she says) but using the website's sizing list, if she were to order what reads 6.5 on the label she'd need to order a UK size 4....this doesn't seem right- she cannot be a size 4. My feet are smaller than hers, I had Uggs back in 2005 and they were from the US, I had a size 5.5. This was a size 6 I'd ordered....we can't get our heads around her needing to order a size 4. Her feet are larger than mine.

She's not ordered Uggs before so wasn't sure on what to order as her normal size is a UK 6, she needs the label inside to say 6.5. But she'd tried them on in a UK store (House of Fraiser) didn't buy them there as she found a better offer online apparently- if she's supposed to go by the box size or the label size or her UK size...they've made a complete hash of it IMO. I even asked in an Ugg store yesterday for her- the store staff gave conflicting answers and they worked there!

If shes a size 6 just select size 6 and they will send you the most suitable size (which will probably arrive with a 6.5 label inside)

Yes it is confusing!
  • I would go with a1969baby's advice and just order in her usual UK size. As Ugg say in the final sentence of the paragraph above their size conversion charts:

'Please be assured that we will always send you the UK whole size you select on the website'. (my bold)

Just to confirm, it definitely is the label that says 6.5 and not the box?
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,500
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If she is worried about sizing I would buy them in a shop
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• jenniewb
    Forumite
    a1969baby wrote: »
    PS. have a look at

https://www.mandmdirect.com/02/fts/?search=ladies+uggs

They've got some great deals on at the moment :D
    Thanks, unfortunately they've not got the pair she wants, I think she's after a new season pair. I said to wait till the sales but she wanted them before Xmas for whatever reason (I'd have waited...)
  • jenniewb
    Forumite
    Sncjw wrote: »
    If she is worried about sizing I would buy them in a shop
    Cashback. ;) And online vouchers from a well meaning relative.
  • jenniewb
    Forumite
    I would go with a1969baby's advice and just order in her usual UK size. As Ugg say in the final sentence of the paragraph above their size conversion charts:

'Please be assured that we will always send you the UK whole size you select on the website'. (my bold)

Just to confirm, it definitely is the label that says 6.5 and not the box?
    Yep, and to make things more confusing- the website says "W6 W6.5..."etc which will indicate male or female which run differently in the US apparently. It doesn't say W anything on UK store Uggs, I can't recall if my US pair (10-15 years ago) had W anything or a straight number but if it's not got W at the front it makes me wonder if indeed UK store stock is different to US and website stock hence her fitting into a 6.5 store size but not being a size UK 4.5 at all. I've suggested she just order a UK 6 and see what happens. She was worried if they get it wrong she wont be able to return, get the refund and repurchase for Xmas. If she asks for an exchange due to the sizing issue if they do get it wrong, the cashback will not track or will be declined.
    She's also not London based so it's not so easy to get to a store but I think she's pretty hooked on this Cashback thing, it does add up I suppose but the headache that it's causing? !!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,581
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I have ordered UGGs from the website.

I have tiny feet, I take anything between a UK 2 (EU35) and UK 3 (sometimes EU35.5 - Next, Clarks, M&S or EU36)

I ordered a UK 3.5 EU36 US 5.
    The box has a big '5' then USA 5 UK 3.5 EU 36
    The label inside says the same but the most prominent number is W5 - i.e the US size.
    jenniewb wrote: »

The label gives the US size (you can see from the size chart that US sizes are larger than UK).
    So if the label says W6.5 that is a UK 4.5 - and clearly the wrong size for your friend.

I think if your friend has tried on a genuine pair of UGGs in a UK 6.5 size, that is the size she needs to order.
    The label will say W8.5.

The style I have is more structured than the traditional UGG style and is grain leather rather than sheepskin - and it comes up very small.
    So small that I've picked up a few pairs of new UGGs on ebay obviously bought untried-on by people who are a size 3 but have then found them too small.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure