The Best Substitution Ever!

Comments

• Just after Christmas the online store at Tesco's had packs of mince pie design napkins for 10p each. I ordered four packs which were deleted from the order. As they were showing again the following week I tried again, guessing I was unlikely to get them as they were probably sold out. They were substituted for larger packs of larger sized plain cream napkins that would have cost about £1.25 a pack.

As they were price matched I was quite pleased with four packs of napkins for 40p.
  • I emailed a friend a link to this thread, and she answered telling me of a substitute she got, she ordered a pack of Durex Extra safe and got three packs of Anadin EXTRA. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    excellent-and the condoms replaced with rubber gloves and a pair of scissors!!!
    lol!
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ordered three bags of frozen brussel spouts.

Got three single brussel sprouts in a plastic bag.

Apparently they had run out. Though not when I went to visit the store 20 minutes later.
  • It wasn't a substitution but one of the best things was a bag of someone else's meat. When I phoned and told customer services they said I could keep it. I finished up with about £10 worth of meat for nothing. I felt sorry for who-ever had ordered it though because they may have been relying on it for that nights meal.
  • anna_grant
    anna_grant Posts: 1,498
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Middy wrote: »
    Ordered a bottle of lemon washing up liquid - get a bag of lemons!

I had a similar one - Jif (lemon juice) substituted by Cif (lemon fragranced bath cleaner).
    ¿Alguien ha visto a mi nave espacial?

Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
  • wow i thought i was doing well when i ordered a value pudding and got a finest one instead lol
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    My fav recent one was ocado subbed some chicken peices for different chicken pieces - I told the driver I didn't wnat them as ahd a specific dish in mind, he deducted from the bill but told me to keep them as the can't restock chilled stuff - 2 packs of chicken thighs free!!
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Once ordered a el value cheapo whole chicken, but they subbed it with a freerange organic corn fed butter basted expensive chicken. It was delish......but not worth the extra £5 odds it would of cost me :p
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Oh and I once had a few random "extra" items in my shop, cleanser, earbuds, simple face wipes, chinese takeaway style foil containers, processed cheese slices.....off the top of my head.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure