A Payment a Day Part 3

Comments

• gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    :D My CC to Mr Big N A*sey bites the dust:j

Paid off the last £150.00 today, so this should be cleared by the 21st.

Then just 3 cards to concentrate on between the two of us and we are getting there, all at either LOB or 0%, going to concentrate on the 0% one as we have 9 months to pay that off, but by making PADs to savings, get some interest whilst not being charged :rotfl:. It means we need to save/make about £350 per month on top of the minimums but we will do it, store cupboard challenges, freezer challenges, EBay and Car Boot Sales here I come - although the car boot sales depend on the rain finally stopping :rolleyes:, too much of a woose to stand in the cold and wet for nothing much.

I know this may seem daft to some, but would rather concentrate on clearing the 0% card as there are no longer guarantees of cheap BTs in the CC market.

Our grocery figure for today through to 18th May is £150 for 3 of us, store cupboard and freezer are well primed,, should only need fruit, veg, dairy and perishables.
    Plenty of cereals so breakfasts sorted
    Plenty of bread, wraps, pitta breads in, so packed lunches for work

Only planned expense is DSD's 21st on Sunday, presents all bought using cashback CC which gets paid off every month, just a meal out at TGI Fridays for 8 people and our friends are insisting on paying for themselves as we did so at their daughter's 21st meal.

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel and the tunnel is no longer as wide as the Channel

Speak soon, best wishes to everyone

Gilly
  • angelicmary85
    angelicmary85 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    gilly1964 wrote: »

Then just 3 cards to concentrate on between the two of us and we are getting there, all at either LOB or 0%, going to concentrate on the 0% one as we have 9 months to pay that off, but by making PADs to savings, get some interest whilst not being charged :rotfl:. It means we need to save/make about £350 per month on top of the minimums but we will do it, store cupboard challenges, freezer challenges, EBay and Car Boot Sales here I come - although the car boot sales depend on the rain finally stopping :rolleyes:, too much of a woose to stand in the cold and wet for nothing much.

I know this may seem daft to some, but would rather concentrate on clearing the 0% card as there are no longer guarantees of cheap BTs in the CC market.

Our grocery figure for today through to 18th May is £150 for 3 of us, store cupboard and freezer are well primed,, should only need fruit, veg, dairy and perishables.
    Plenty of cereals so breakfasts sorted
    Plenty of bread, wraps, pitta breads in, so packed lunches for work

Only planned expense is DSD's 21st on Sunday, presents all bought using cashback CC which gets paid off every month, just a meal out at TGI Fridays for 8 people and our friends are insisting on paying for themselves as we did so at their daughter's 21st meal.

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel and the tunnel is no longer as wide as the Channel

Speak soon, best wishes to everyone

Gilly

Yay!! Well done!! I can't wait til it's my turn to be posting that my cc's are clear!!!
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • jo41
    jo41 Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Danko,coffee & cake sounds fab!
    Well done Gilly you must feel really proud of yourself:T
    I think I would benefit with doing meal plans and sorting out store cupboards and freezer etc, just not sure how best to go about it. A month of planning with 6 in the house sems like a mammouth task!
    Do you include lunches at the weekends too or just stick to main evening meals?
    Jo x
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    gilly1964 wrote: »

congratulations_myspace_graphics_02.gif

:T That's brilliant news Gilly - well done! :T
    xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
  • Happy Poets Day everyone

As I am going away tonight for the weekend I am making 3 PAD's today.

Friday

£2 black horse begone fund
    £5 car repair fund

Saturday

£2 car repair fund

Sunday

£2 car repair fund

Total £15.

It could be an expensive weekend as I am getting the car exhaust fixed.

Catch you all on Monday. Have a good weekend.

DC
    Mortgage: £59709.77 (26/08/17) Now £58683.93 MFD Nov 2033
    Current OP Savings £3952.68.
    Milestone no 1 reached 07 Dec 17. Working towards milestone no 2 net debt £50000.
  • poppyjoe
    poppyjoe Posts: 174 Forumite
    Well done Gilly and well done jo on clearing so much.

Another £8.09 from me today! I just feel in a debt busting mood.

Can I have a coffee and cake please? They look yum! Good job they are virtual as my baby jelly belly isn't going anywhere fast :o
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    jo41 wrote: »
    Thanks Danko,coffee & cake sounds fab!
    Well done Gilly you must feel really proud of yourself:T
    I think I would benefit with doing meal plans and sorting out store cupboards and freezer etc, just not sure how best to go about it. A month of planning with 6 in the house sems like a mammouth task!
    Do you include lunches at the weekends too or just stick to main evening meals?
    Jo x

I used to do this all the time and then got lazy

I write down a list of everything then stick it on the front of the freezer and inside the main kitchen cupboard door and just cross off as used

In a book I have meal ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinners and even snacks.

Breakfasts
    Cereals, Toast with something on or not, Crumpets

Lunches
    Sandwiches, Wraps, Homemade Soups, Salads

Dinners
    Minced Beef
    Chilli, Lasagne, Spag Bol, Shep Pie and so on
    Usually made in bulk and them some in the freezer for those days when you can't be a*sed,

Chicken/Turkey Portions
    Wraps, Homemade Kievs, Curries, Chinese, Paella

Fish
    Salmon, Cod, Prawns, Mussels
    Fish Pie, Paella, Baked Salmon,

These are just some of the ideas, but DS eats the same as us so it is easier

I would start by doing the lists of what is in, then a list of what you all like to eat and then just build a week at a time.
    The same idea works for toiletry and cleaning cupboards - I have not bought any shower gels for over 8 months as using birthday and Christmas presents which got put in the cupboard and forgotten about.

Small steps as they say - have a look at the old style board - they are fantastic at doing this. They also come up with new ideas, post your lists and they will think of something you have never tried before and also look out for Twinks Hobnobs recipe, makes loads of biscuits/cookies for hardly any pennies and healthier than the shop bought ones. They can also be frozen to stop you eating them in one sitting :rotfl:

Hope that helps

Gilly
  • Greenbynature
    Greenbynature Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2009 at 10:39AM
    Morning everyone
    Danko and mumof3 those coffees and cakes look lovely am drooling already!!!! :D
    Well done Gilly on paying your card off :T:T
    Well went to dentist yesterday and sadistic hygenist! :mad: dentis was great and don't need any work doing :j but hygenist has made my gums bleed and they're really sore this morning!!! DS4 needs 2 small fillings, that'll teach him to scoff all his easter eggs and not give his mummy any :p

Danko like the look of that microwave cake yum yum!! might have to make it later ;) with loads of custard :j
    Loved the pics of those kittens last night aaawww I want one!! I sadly lost my last cat in March last year, can't say the dogs miss him much tho as they used to chase him all the time don't know why cos they didn't bother with my other cat, I think he enjoyed peeing the dogs off cos they could never catch him :rotfl:
    right pad today is £2.40 to sealed tin, 2p to copper jar and £1 to cap1 cc

£3.42
    Debt @ LBM - £25,722 Debt now - £11,811 DFD - April 2012 :eek: :eek:
    Payment a day challenge - 8/8/08 - £8669.73:jISA - £127.07
    Sealed Pot Challenge #283 £489.50 for 2009//£353 for 2010
    Stopped smoking 1/11/2010 - money saved so far:£515:D
  • They all look utterly yummy mumof4! Thank you very much, I'll grab the *star* looking one as I loves stars :D

chocolate-cake-su-1010595-l.jpg

Cakies with the brews!
    xx

Oh Danko, the way to a [STRIKE]wo[/STRIKE]mans heart and all that......... you is my new bestest friend :D They look utterly scrummy!!

Well done on clearing the card Gilly, lovely news for a wet friday morning, keep at it!

Chat soon peeps
    Mumof4 xx
    03/12/2010 [STRIKE]£9,736.56[/STRIKE] :(
    15/2/2011 9878.75

• Double Trouble - Sorry i know i shouldn't laugh .... but i can't help it , when i look at " your location ! " :rotfl: ...
    I also agree with Hopeful1 .... you are very brave going on your own to Uganda ... But good on you ! ...

terri x kiss-1.gif

I have actually made it inside today drinking my free cappuccino I won need to book a hotel for tonight OH birthday going to a Lotus show tomorrow think he is hoping to find the blue car:D

Hopeful it was not quite as romantic as you think OH was not with me but a memorable day all the same.

Can't believe there are so many posts since yesterday off to catch up and book that hotel (hopefully with wifi) before my battery runs out:rolleyes:

DTxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport