Post DRO credit score

Hi All,
After a bit of advice please. I successfully filed for bankruptcy back in 2013, mainly to clear historic debt, I was discharged from the bankruptcy service a couple of years ago, however I know it stays on my record for 5 years. I was recently checking my credit score through experian and discovered one of my former debtors (a credit union) is still giving me monthly defaults on a loan payment that was cleared in the bankruptcy. None of the other debtors have filed anything else. When i contacted the credit union they said they cannot chase me for the debt, however they won't wipe it from their records either. Are they still entitled to be giving me monthly defaults? I've been very careful since 2013 and aside from this issue my credit score should be improving, but this is holding me back.
Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi All,
    After a bit of advice please. I successfully filed for bankruptcy back in 2013, mainly to clear historic debt, I was discharged from the bankruptcy service a couple of years ago, however I know it stays on my record for 5 years. I was recently checking my credit score through experian and discovered one of my former debtors (a credit union) is still giving me monthly defaults on a loan payment that was cleared in the bankruptcy. None of the other debtors have filed anything else. When i contacted the credit union they said they cannot chase me for the debt, however they won't wipe it from their records either. Are they still entitled to be giving me monthly defaults? I've been very careful since 2013 and aside from this issue my credit score should be improving, but this is holding me back.
    Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

I wouldnt be too concerned about your score since only you can see it, everyone else sees the credit history.
  • You need to follow this thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=677875

Use the letter to state your bankruptcy & discharge date and request the record is amended.

Follow their internal complaints process and then follow up with FOS & ICO if they don't comply.
  • damoC
    damoC Posts: 62 Forumite
    As above, If the bankruptcy is up then the account should show as settled on your history.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure