How long will it take?

Comments

• Ps good tip on not paying in one lump sum! Would totally have missed that it wouldn't go towards the BNPL!
  • Most people on this forum would not recommend consolidation loans as they don't always work.

Personally, I'd change that to:-

Most people on this forum would not recommend consolidation loans as they don't often work.
  • Sorry Bob, would agree.
    In my defence, I was posting at silly o'clock for me!
  • Apply for new credit card 0% on purchases and use that to pay the balance at 49%.
  • Hi all quick update am managing with the schedule that snowtiger suggested, but after a couple of car boots and some pretty relentless ebaying this month I am now down to £2000! The extra I paid off the interest bearing part rather than BNPL! Really pleased to see it moving! Thanks guys! Hoping to have it gone before applying for a mortgage!
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Well done - that's brill - such a good feeling to see it dwindling down, keep up the good work.

It's so good to see a poster taking good advice and coming back to update the thread, so thank you for this, I'm sure it will help others in the future.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi all quick update am managing with the schedule that snowtiger suggested, but after a couple of car boots and some pretty relentless ebaying this month I am now down to £2000! The extra I paid off the interest bearing part rather than BNPL! Really pleased to see it moving! Thanks guys! Hoping to have it gone before applying for a mortgage!

Well done keep it up and you will remember that feeling when its finally all paid off, motivation is the key, keep posting here and you will be fine

:-)

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • I did it!! Now moving house with a much lighter load thanks guys your advice really helped and am now saving some of the money I was paying to build up an emergency fund! If I can do it anyone can!
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done, now go forward not back
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Well done - thanks for returning once again to update the thread.

An emergency fund is definitely a good goal as a homeowner.

All the very best with your house move.
    You did good ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family