Comments

• PositiveBalance
    PositiveBalance Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 November 2017 at 6:40PM
    Options
    ED! :D

It's good to have you back! :D

I've been keeping an eye our for your new diary (how rooooood of you not to PM me to let me know ;) ) but missed it somehow.

I need a financial rejig as well: new mortage deal, car died, life happened etc.

Glad to hear Miss E is OK, despite the scares she insist on giving you.

Hand her over...I'll babysit while you recover! :D;)

P.S. To what is this Rym@n box for wrapping paper with 3 rolls in to which you refer? I'm desperate for one of those boxes and that seem a reasonable price. :)
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    P.S. To what is this Rym@n box for wrapping paper with 3 rolls in to which you refer? I'm desperate for one of those boxes and that seem a reasonable price. :)

t'was a few years ago now PB
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    Grr! How annoying! I could do with an enclosed one as well - I've been standing my wrapping paper up in an old Tupperware container for a long time and it gets a bit dog-eared. R's have a 2 for £20.00 offer. I need to find someone who also needs one! :)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Grr! How annoying! I could do with an enclosed one as well - I've been standing my wrapping paper up in an old Tupperware container for a long time and it gets a bit dog-eared. R's have a 2 for £20.00 offer. I need to find someone who also needs one! :)

PositiveBalance have you an Arg0$ near you? They have the wrapping paper boxes on special offer. HTH

ed - happy, shiny new diary (as beanie would say :D). Hope DD is bright as a button today and not planning to give her dear parentals any further heart-lurching moments in the foreseeable!

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The wrapping paper box, Ed was talking about it a week or so ago, I think, because I remember having a laugh about it? Ed?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hand her over...I'll babysit while you recover! :D;)

I seriously think our life would be so much easier with a reliable babysitter. Thanks for volunteering PB, I'll pay the living wage and everything, will even sign you up for a pension :rotfl:

The chappy turned up early to fit the new electricity meter this morning, so I had the rare experience of getting to see a meter at 00000. It's as close as I'm going to get to a calf being born, so I enjoyed the blank wonder of the readout until the !!!!!! hit 00001 :D

DD and I went out to the shops, but she was a total nuisance in Wholefo0ds (man am I going to miss that shop) and Mr M's. Managed to pick up some nice snack foods for a wee celebratory dinner with Mrs E (off to Murrayfield tomorrow and we have our 2nd night off in 2.5+ years) :dance:

I'm going to turn off the computer now so as to avoid any Black Friday deals, but I did succumb to whiskey and whisky. Ok, so I'm still a spendy Ed, but isn't £30 a great price for two cracking bottles of whisky? :) :beer:

Ps. I love how wrappingpaperboxgate has become a thing on this thread :rotfl:
  • Botherthatcat
    Options
    I must also confess to being a fellow wrapping paper box owner - a total game changer :D
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 November 2017 at 1:50PM
    Options
    Isn't it a bit short? the one GP linked to is only 82cm long. My roll of translucent natural paper (greaseproof to thee and me) is 85cm. I'm off to check if they do a longer one....

Aha! this might work for us http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3594740 as we have several of those really long rolls (by which I mean wide, but long when they are rolled up iyswim)
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 November 2017 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Isn't it a bit short? the one GP linked to is only 82cm long. My roll of translucent natural paper (greaseproof to thee and me) is 85cm. I'm off to check if they do a longer one....

I see what you mean SL - but as it was described as a 'wrapping paper box', I assumed...... I can't see anyone describing it as 'too short for purpose' in the comments section tho........ I wonder if Arg0$ measurements are right?

As we've had to invest in C'mas wrapping paper for the first time in several decades, I'm seriously thinking of getting one for myself..... and so I can be in ed's 'wrapping paper box owners club' ;):rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • PositiveBalance
    Options

Ya boo sucks! :p
    PositiveBalance have you an Arg0$ near you? They have the wrapping paper boxes on special offer. HTH

Greying X

Yes, yes I do! Thanks for the heads-up! :beer: I have ordered one and will be picking it up tomorrow when I venture near the pick up point. :D (Via TpCshBck, of course!)
    I seriously think our life would be so much easier with a reliable babysitter. Thanks for volunteering PB, I'll pay the living wage and everything, will even sign you up for a pension :rotfl:

I'm in. It's just the travel costs for me to get there that will bankrupt you! ;)
    The chappy turned up early to fit the new electricity meter this morning, so I had the rare experience of getting to see a meter at 00000. It's as close as I'm going to get to a calf being born, so I enjoyed the blank wonder of the readout until the !!!!!! hit 00001 :D

I hope you took a photo of it in its shiny new 00000 state!

DD and I went out to the shops, but she was a total nuisance in Wholefo0ds (man am I going to miss that shop) and Mr M's. Managed to pick up some nice snack foods for a wee celebratory dinner with Mrs E (off to Murrayfield tomorrow and we have our 2nd night off in 2.5+ years) :dance:

You have Whlefds?! That's even more middle-class than Wa1tr0se! :rotfl:
    Ps. I love how wrappingpaperboxgate has become a thing on this thread :rotfl:

This is both middle-class and middle-aged. It was my birthday earlier in the week which inspired me to thin about this type of thing. I can't believe what I have become! :eek: ;) :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family