MeandO's mortgage-free musings

Comments

• MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lol...oh dear MeandO...have you been flashing at the neighbours?

It may explain why 90% of them choose to ignore me, yet the old boy directly opposite always stops for a chat with a smile on his face! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • MeandO
    edited 24 November 2017 at 12:05PM
    £10 added to the savings this morning to round it up and£51.83 overpayment sent to the mortgage to round it down - two nice round numbers!

Balances now:
    Savings: £1700/£2000
    Mortgage now: £78,700

I made a big batch of HM soup last night and have portioned it up for the freezer and for lunch today. I also wrapped all of the Christmas gifts and wrote cards for everyone at 'home' so that (hopefully) visiting family this weekend can take them back with them and I won't need to post anything. I only have a few more Christmas gifts to buy now but I'll be waiting until after payday in 9 days time to do any more shopping.

I've completed a few more surveys, have more to do but probably won't get time today, so will hopefully get to those tomorrow.

Have a good day all
    X

• MeandO
    £25.52 paid off the credit card from the shopping at the weekend. :)
  • Mega organised!!!!
    Original mortgage £154,850 (2013)
    Mortgage now £148,370.15:beer:

Original savings £0 (2013)
    Savings now £3000 in ISA and premium bonds
    £60 in mini savings pot, £600 in Xmas vouchers
  • MeandO
    Mega organised!!!!

Nah, don't fall for the pretence... I'm like a duck... I look like I've got it all together above water, but madly swimming trying not to drown underneath it all! :D
  • MeandO
    Bit of a :( evening last night.
    My wonderful Mum was rushed to hospital again yesterday. Her health has been very poor for some years and a few months back she was diagnosed with a terminal illness. It's horrible being so far away and not being able to do anything to help. Hopefully a change in medication will sort her out promptly this time. She was due to come up for a much longed for visit this weekend, so she's really upset. Life is just so unfair to the nicest of people sometimes. :(

In money news, I did a lot of work last night, getting orders made and packed, ready to post today. I didn't sleep well at all, so am really tired today. At least I got a big bulk of work done though.

I cooked chicken stir fry for dinner last night, but lost my appetite for it, so it's boxed up ready for lunch today. I also portioned up some chicken legs and froze them for use at a later date. The homemade soup also got put in the freezer for work lunches. Waste not want not and all that.

The latest £5 Amazon voucher arrived from surveys and has been put towards another Christmas present already. I also ordered myself some dampseal paint ( I know how to spoil myself:o) that I need for an area in my hallway. It was cheaper on Amazon than at the local DIY stores. Hopefully that comes before the weekend so I can get cracking on getting that area sorted as it looks unsightly and is bothering me.

I cancelled the automatic renewal for my central heating cover yesterday too. The renewal price was 3 times what I paid this past year. :eek: I shopped around and got a policy which is more expensive than I paid last year (it was an excellent deal last year that I can't get near to now), but it covers everything - boiler, heating, plumbing, drainage and electrical issues and I should receive £65 CB via TCB and a £50 Amazon voucher. :)

Today I need to return the wallpaper that has been sat in my hallway, boxed up, for the past week. :o That should net £70 ish when refunded. I also need to pick up a parcel, post lots of orders, run to sainsbury's to sort the double up points thing with OH and hopefully try and chill out for a bit. :(

M
    x
  • MeandO
    OH has transferred the money he owed me for the shopping at the weekend, so I've just paid that off the credit card. It's surprised me how much I dislike having any money on the credit card now, and how I make it my first priorty to pay it off instantly. I've definitely changed my ways. :)

I've transferred money from the business account to cover the cost of some print consumables - £53.10. I've also set money aside for postage later, so it's unlikely I'll have any left over to put towards savings or the morgage this time. :(

I've just checked the balance on a forgotten about reward card I had in my purse from my Sky switch a few months back - there's £6 left on it, so off to buy a small Christmas pressie online with that one as it can't be used as part payment for anything.

I've put in a cashback claim for the heating cover, as I see it hasn't tracked. :mad:
  • MeandO
    I've just realised that you can now set up regular mortgage op's online with lloyds, so I've just set one up to round my mortgage payment up to a rounded £400 a month. That extra £18.39 a month will cut a year and a half off my mortgage term! It will be harder for me to make regular op's next year when my business income disappears, but I plan on aiming to OP by another £100 a month at least - more if I'm able to. :D
  • MeandO
    I've woken up in a really bad mood this morning, the world and its contents can do one today.

I was hoping for a nice relaxing evening last night as DS was at his Dad's and I was with OH. Turned out to be quite stressful and frustrating one instead. :( A night of bad sleep and nightmares followed, then I had the ex texting me at 7am about DS playing up, so it's not started in the best way! Result = me nipping to the shop early this morning to buy lunch for today and coming out with biscuits and mince pies for work. £6.49 later... Oops. :o Fed up today!

Back to the finances, I spent £70 on postage last night; £20 more than I had anticipated, so I need to put £20 over from the business account to cover that. :(
    A couple more orders came in yesterday so I'll get on with those over the weekend.

Desperately attempting not to have to transfer money back into the main account from the savings, but it will be close this month. :(
  • MeandO
    Monday morning already. :(

The credit card has unfortunately taken a bit of a hit this weekend. I finished the last of the Christmas shopping and put it on there, also bought a runner for the hall to try and make it a bit cosier and warmer on the tootsies (£17), some lights (£23) and some new jeans for myself as my others had all worn through (£12) and a pair of shoes in the sales for myself for the bargain price of £6.40. As soon as I get paid on Friday, I'll be jigging the budget round so I can hopefully more or less pay it all off, or at least do so asap.

The weekend was a mixed bag - slightly stressful in parts and lovely in others. We met up with one of OHs friends and colleagues yesterday which was lovely, and it may raise a few exciting new opportunities for myself and my career too. Time will tell, but it's so terrifying to even think about new work opportunities whilst being the lone bill payer and the budget being on the edge of affordability as it is, but I would be a fool not to at least keep an open mind. It may come to nothing, but we shall see.

Have had a fair few orders over the weekend too, but this will now be the last of them as I am out of stock now. It's quite sad to close down my little business which has done me well over the past five years but it's no longer feasible to continue with it.

So, payday is on Friday, I'm going to have to try to not spend a bean until then... :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills