Santander unable to accept new standing order

Options
2»

Comments

• where_are_we
    Options
    Worked at last. This time I clicked "look up an existing payee" under the heading Payee Name and found my £250 deposit in my list of payments and clicked that and "viola" most of the fields loaded automatically and it went through. I have learned something tonight which will make things easier in future!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Worked at last. This time I clicked "look up an existing payee" under the heading Payee Name and found my £250 deposit in my list of payments and clicked that and "viola" most of the fields loaded automatically and it went through. I have learned something tonight which will make things easier in future!
    You should always adopt that method (wherever possible), as it eliminates the risk of mis-typing a sort code/account number combination.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    clicked that and "viola"

Cue soft music?:D
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    clicked that and "viola"
    Cue soft music?:D
    Yet another new account with strings attached.... ;)
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Was this on the Twelfth Night?
  • where_are_we
    where_are_we Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 15 November 2017 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Ok - its 50 years since I barely passed "O" level French - hence my silly spelling of "Voila!"! Thanks to the venerable "YorkshireBoy" - I inputted 13 payments instead of stating a final payment date and I will use "look up an existing payee" in future.
    That`s 6 different issues of Virgin Regular E Savers in 2017 (about every 2 months) at 2.25% and you can get 14 payments of £250 into each issue. If they continue in 2018 this is a viable alternative to BOS classic account at 2% with 2 Tesco DDs that finish in April assuming you haven`t got replacement DDs and you have filled up the other higher interest options.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure