Where to eat - Splash Landings, Alton Towers.

Options
We are meeting with some friends this week and going to Cariba Creek and then staying over at Splash Landings. I have been looking around the web to find out where we should eat in the evening (there will be 3 adults, then a 13yr,11yr,9yr and 8yr old).
I have seen mixed reviews about Flambo's (the restaurant in Splash Landings) and also can't seem to find out the current price :confused:
(although I suppose the easist answer to this would be to ring the hotel and ask!):rolleyes: .

Has anyone visited recently and if so what do you think? - Are there better alternatives?
Many thanks for your help!

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS :beer:

Comments

• Lilystar
    Options
    Hi,
    We stayed at Splash Landings in October and Flambo's was pretty good. It's not cheap - I think it's about £15 per adult, but it's a buffet with lots of variety - we had curries, roasts, sausages and burgers, plus salads and fish to choose from. Plus you can go up as often as you like, so if you're going with hungry people, it works out quite reasonable ;)

I think the only other option would be the restaurant in the Alton Towers Hotel, but that's about the same price, if not slightly more, with less choice, as it's a brasserie.

Outside of the complex there's a few decent pubs, but you really need someone who knows where they are going, and they would all require driving to and back.

• Fro-ald
    Fro-ald Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, that is very helpful.
    I think my 11 year old definitately likes the idea of being allowed to go up as often as he likes - and it means I don't have to be driver either - I quite like the sound of Ma Garriters for a before dinner (and after?!!) cocktail!

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport