Can I reclaim Littlewoods Extra Care?

I cancelled this a few months ago because I just wasn't getting any benefits from it and it was quite expensive. When I first got the catalogue in Jan 2002 I had extra care 500 but then in April 2005 it changed to extra care advantage, I don't know if this is the same thing though?

I have no idea how they even work it out, on a balance of £237.19 in Sept 2005 they charged me £4.61 but then on a balance of £65.41 in July 2007 they charged me £9.58 :confused:

When I first got this catalogue, I was 18 and on Income Support, so I wouldn't have needed it really, because I couldn't have gone on the sick or have been made unemployed? Do you think I coud reclaim this?

Thanks in advance :D

Hayley xx

Thanks in advance :D

Hayley xx
:heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
I :heart2: my doggies

Comments

• hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anybody......? :D
  • borgbaiter
    borgbaiter Posts: 600 Forumite
    hi

This sounds like some sort of PPI (payment protection insurance). i believe from what you say it was miss sold to you and should be reclaimable. I think there are standard template letters on this site but i havnt used them myself.

Hopefully someone can point you to them if you cant find them.

Borgbaiter

i think this is the link, you will have to adapt the letters to your specific case.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    claimed/settled - Natwest £2,535/£2,535, HSBC visa £80/£80, MBNA £1,258/£1,258, capital one £282/£282, tesco visa £515/£515, HSBC visa £140/£140. HSBC £1,450 MCOL Stayed for OFT case. Chelsea Mortgage charges & cashback £5000/£672. complaints with banks pending OFT Halifax £30, A&L £35. TOTALS £11,325/£5482
  • hayley11
    Thanks for that, i'll send the letters off and see how I get on :D
  • borgbaiter
    borgbaiter Posts: 600 Forumite
    hi

good luck

Borgbaiter
    claimed/settled - Natwest £2,535/£2,535, HSBC visa £80/£80, MBNA £1,258/£1,258, capital one £282/£282, tesco visa £515/£515, HSBC visa £140/£140. HSBC £1,450 MCOL Stayed for OFT case. Chelsea Mortgage charges & cashback £5000/£672. complaints with banks pending OFT Halifax £30, A&L £35. TOTALS £11,325/£5482
  • scotty1971
    scotty1971 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    HI THERE,
    i've got this extra care advantage myself,i know its to cover you for unemployment,sickness,but it also covers any items you have bought,for accidental damage,i returned an item after a year and a half and got a full refund.
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    scotty1971 wrote: »
    HI THERE,
    i've got this extra care advantage myself,i know its to cover you for unemployment,sickness,but it also covers any items you have bought,for accidental damage,i returned an item after a year and a half and got a full refund.

Good for you. And?
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    Tozer wrote: »
    Good for you. And?

I think he is saying that along with the sickness cover the stuff you bought was insured so just being on IS and having no use for the sickness cover wouldn't necessarily mean the OP couldn't use the insurances on her purchases.

So OP why did you agree to it?
  • hayley11
    Why did everybody who has ever reclaimed PPI agree to it??? I don't even remember, it was 7 years ago! I just know at the time I was on Income Support, so regardless of what else it covers, I could never take full advantage of it because I couldn't use the unemployment cover. So they missold it to me! So I am going to try and reclaim it.

Hayley xx
  • scotty1971
    scotty1971 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i see what you mean,by you were only 18 and on income support, have you been employed since then,and if you were surely it would have benifited you then? the only thing i don't like about the advantage insurance from littlewoods,when i was of work sick recently,i had to be off 4 weeks before the insurance would kick in!
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    hayley11 wrote: »
    Why did everybody who has ever reclaimed PPI agree to it??? I don't even remember, it was 7 years ago! I just know at the time I was on Income Support, so regardless of what else it covers, I could never take full advantage of it because I couldn't use the unemployment cover. So they missold it to me! So I am going to try and reclaim it.

Hayley xx

Good luck to you. However one would assume that even if you don't need all the cover provided it wouldn't necessarily have been missold. There are options in my travel insurance that I will never use but I was aware of this and still paid for something that will never be applicable because it was bundled with stuff that is applicable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure