any reviews about esure motor insurance !!!

Hi Guys,

I have been with Norwich Union for the last three years and the insurance premium for my car was quite reasonable, about £262 last year. This year, they have increased the renewal quote to £430 and plainly refused to go down when I contacted them. I have got a quote from esure for £202 but I really don't know how they are like in case somebody has to make a claim. I found mixed reviews about them on the internet.

I wonder if anybody can share his/her experience with esure please, it will be great help.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• If you are happy with NU, have you tried going on line and getting a new quote with them? There are any number of stories of Direct Line customers getting cheaper quotes for a new policy than they have for their renewal, so I am sure NU will be the same.

Personally, I don't see much difference between NU and Esure; both a callcentres so you are not going to get startlingly good service from them. Then again, do you expect more for £200?
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • Thanks Oscar for your reply. Ya, I did try getting a new quote anonymously. Last year, this trick did wonders and I was able to get the policy renewed for £262 which they wanted to renew for £540 !!! This year, the new quote works out to be £360 which is still a bit costly :D.

A couple of my friends had to file claims with NU and NU was relatively pleasant to deal with. I am not sure if same holds for esure too ? Is it really an important issue to think about ?????
  • toffeeboy1
    toffeeboy1 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Esure are a large company and I don't think you'll have any problems. They can be a bit like "computer says no..." from Little Britain - I had my house insurance with them for years and years, but when I moved they refused to cover the postcode as it "is in a high risk flood area" even though the whole town is protected by drains and a raised bank and has never ever flooded - they insisted on cancelling the policy.

They are cheap because they only insure those with a good driving record - and it's those with a good driving record who are less likely to have an "at fault claim" which is what they're trying to avoid by cherry-picking their client base.

I think you should have no worries in changing to Esure...
    FREEBIES/WINS SO FAR: Urban cricket set, 10 perfumes, ring-sizer, toilet 'hippo' water saver, 3xWii remote jackets, various music downloads,

Fed up of rising fuel bills? :mad: Offset the damage by letting me save you on your insurance needs:http://www.click2insure.co.uk :D
  • micknmace
    micknmace Posts: 22 Forumite
    I have my car insurance with esure & have just started my 5th year with them.I have found their customer services to be extremely helpful every time I've contacted them.Following accidental damage to my car a couple of years ago,I made 1 phonecall to esure & they took care of absolutely everything.I had a hirecar delivered by the following day of similar spec to mine.They arranged all the repair work,collection & delivery of my car with as little inconvenience to me as possible. Before esure I was with norwich union & to be honest didn't think they were worth the paper they were written on. After having my car serviced & the garage causing endless damage to it,I was kindly informed by norwich union that my fully comp insurance didn't cover it as it wasn't an on the road accident. Not impressed. I will point out though,when it comes to renewal time get quotes from the comparison sites. I have just saved just over £100 by phoning esure & telling them it was cheaper to cancel & start new policy on the net. As long as you give them the quote reference number they can bring up all the details & match it.
  • Thanks Mick. I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I've had home and car policies with Esure for years and never had any problems.

Go through Quidco and you will get £45 cashback.
  • z3experience
    z3experience Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 16 January 2012 at 2:19AM
    I have just found this post and feel that I should let people know about my personal experience. My experience with esure car insurance has been a long, frustrating and disappointing one. Esure have not treated me fairly at all.

I feel so strongly about how I've been treated that I have spent considerable time setting up a website to inform others. I'm hoping that the site raises awareness so that esure (and other bad insurance companies) change the way they treat their customers.

As I am a new user I cannot include links in my posts. However if you type 'esure experience' into Google the website should come up first.

On the website you can read full details and hear recordings of telephone conversations between me and esure. These conversations demonstrate just how bad esure have treated me. The site also has images of my vehicle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure