Tesco 0% Transfer Fee? Don't think so!

2»

Comments

• colsten wrote: »
    0% BT card now 12 months, for those who didn't get the 10 months card.

Saw this today. Needless to say I'm quite annoyed as I called up just now to extend my 10 month offer but they wouldn't budge.

I said that given that there's no fee I could cancel my card and then apply for the 12 months offer but the customer service representative said that I will only be classed as a new customer in 6 months time so no guarantee that the offer will still be there.

Obviously I know that I have no legal case but from a customer relations perspective it's annoying that they introduce an offer and then increase it 1 month later. This approach of penalising early customers irks me. I wouldn't have minded as much if they had increased the offer after 3-6 months but increasing it after only 1 month is shockingly bad. Tesco should have introduced the 12 month offer straight away or kept the existing offer for a few months.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    That's just life - next time you might get a favourable deal somewhere because you haven't been a customer. Or because you have been a customer. Tesco Bank are overall quite brilliant - apart from the 0% BT card, they also do a 3% current account and their savings accounts are great for the serious saver - and if that doesn't float your boat, there are others that have got great offers.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 September 2014 at 9:31PM
    that's life too, as soon as you get something it's out of date or updated soon after...phone, computers...cc cards etc.
    will still make money from my new 10 month Tesco card,
    just hope there are better offers next year
  • mgarl10024
    mgarl10024 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Snapped up one of these - fantastic deal.
    Can't see how Tesco are making money from it - perhaps they are relying on cross-selling or lethargy at the end of the 12mth period.

As an aside, I phoned up my current credit card provider, whose 0% deal was coming to an end, and asked for an extension on the grounds of customer retention (yes, knew it was a long shot).
    "The best we can offer you is 6mths at 4.9%"
    "That's a 4.9% fee?"
    "Oh no, that's the rate. You need to pay a 3% fee to get it"
    "So, I need to pay 3%, to enjoy 6mths at 4.9%?"
    "Yep. That's the best we can offer"
    Half hour later I had a shiny new Tesco card and a BT in progress. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure