Affiliate your website... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    $10 per day is grooving! That conversion rate is ridiculously high though.
    The no1 key to fortune off Adsense is traffic and usually the only way to get it is lots of quality content to bring them in.
    I get around 300 visits per day and am lucky if I get $5 per day! However it is on the increase though (cause I've got another website up and running).

Does depend on the content of your site though as to what you earn per click from adsense. If you have a site that is in a competitive market then the rate charged to the advertiser by Google will be more because of competition between advertisers. Therefore the payout to adsense publishers is more because of the % split between the website publisher and Google. If your website has a subject area that has little competition then the amount earned per click is less as the advertisers are paying less for the ads, so the % split is less.
  • gustav
    gustav Posts: 243 Forumite
    ... That conversion rate is ridiculously high though.....

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks montiuk is bullsh***ing:rolleyes:
    I know nothing - really!!
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    gustav wrote: »
    Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks montiuk is bullsh***ing:rolleyes:

Totally plausible earnings off 150 visitor a day, it all depends on the subject area of the website, and if the site is primarily set up for google adsense etc. There are loads of sites set up that use google adsense almost like the sites main content.

I have experience in the mobile phone and general finance areas with google and I serve ads on my finance site that pull a premium on the click. This is simply due to the fact that there is lots of competition in this area.
  • Smickan
    Smickan Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    I have a personal website that I'm in the process of updating for Christmas that also hosts a fansite for my favourite actor and a couple of other sites for friends (they put a little bit in to help cover the hosting as I have a massive amount of space for a cheap price) and I know there are ways to make money from it - the only thing is, I don't know how.

I've heard about things like placing banners and getting money for it and affiliate (sp) links and things... how do you use them properly, what are the best sites and is there anything else?

• cundall
    cundall Posts: 859 Forumite
    I have always used google ads and i get a small income (every penny helps) and i normally get paid around £50 when i request some payment :)
  • imoneyop
    imoneyop Posts: 970 Forumite
    Try taking a look at somewhere like Amazon, they provide a lot of code that will provide you with content units that display relevant products for each page on your site.

For example if you've got a filmography on your fan site, then you could provide an Amazon link to the DVD of each film.
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have a personal website that I have a link to Amazon.I also pay to advertise on an online advertising website (bestof). The problem seems to be getting it seen. In one year I have only had 170 views.:confused: I am trying to start a part time business in Therapy and also selling a product. The problem is the product is attached to a national website with a link to a website of mine for the same product.I cannot change this as it is not mine! What I really need is a way to get people to my personal website THEN link to MY product website.I believe my friend who made my website has put all codes in the headers but they do not appear to be doing their job!

Without saying the names of the websites the above may sound confusing but if anyone can help me I would be most grateful.

Sorry for hijacking this post.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • imoneyop
    imoneyop Posts: 970 Forumite
    Joyful,

It sounds to me like you just need to add a new page to your personal website (or even just a paragraph to the homepage) with the relevant links to your product website. Just do a search on HREF and that should give you all the info that you need to make the links.
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have links. The problem is no one is looking at my website to see the links.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Smickan

We have a thread going on making money from your website so I've merged your thread into it to keep all the information in one place.

Threads are merged in chronological order so read down from the top for replies.

If you need more traffic to your website do you need to review the content?
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport